Forum

Illegal v Dignitas in WASM GRAND FINAL SECOND MAP about to START

Created 23rd January 2010 @ 15:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Come to i39 if you want a tourny with decent rules and 2 studley admins boyz.

p.s. Nice final!

Moose

[MIPC]

Watched the stv demo from the bronze game with Arx / Pure / Exfane cast and I have to say that it was a really nice cast but you are wrong when you say several times that other teams instantly paused in the tournament when someone crashed and it was bad sportmanship from us when we didn’t.

I only missed watching the first 2 matches of group B but I followed all the other games and afaik the only crashes happened in the playoffs. In those cases, I’m certain that the rules were enforced and no team paused before the round end like you claimed. For example TCM got a round against Dignitas on Well while Diggy was playing with 5. Like I said before I actually asked the TF2 admin standing behind my back before we pushed in to CP 2 if we are allowed to pause now and he said “no, rules clearly say that pauses are only allowed during the round change”.

Last edited by Moose,

AuguR

anyone got a demo of diggy tcm game?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from Moose

Watched the stv demo from the bronze game with Arx / Pure / Exfane cast and I have to say that it was a really nice cast but you are wrong when you say several times that other teams instantly paused in the tournament when someone crashed and it was bad sportmanship from us when we didn’t.

I only missed watching the first 2 matches of group B but I followed all the other games and afaik the only crashes happened in the playoffs. In those cases, I’m certain that the rules were enforced and no team paused before the round end like you claimed. For example TCM got a round against Dignitas on Well while Diggy was playing with 5. Like I said before I actually asked the TF2 admin standing behind my back before we pushed in to CP 2 if we are allowed to pause now and he said “no, rules clearly say that pauses are only allowed during the round change”.

i’m afraid that’s incorrect. There was at least 1 crash in every game that I casted that day. When a player crashed they didn’t wait until the end of the round, they paused the game when there was no action going on, this was normally simple because the team with the crash was the attacking team and didn’t want to push without their player, so they simply paused until he got back before making the push. It meant that the clock wasn’t ticking and they weren’t simply locking down.

In your game, you were in the middle of the counter push when the crash occurred and no one would have expected you to pause at that time. You had just defended CP2 afaik and were pushing out to CP3. You cleaned up most of the players on CP3 (including the crashed player on the balcony) and then proceeded to push to CP4. The crash was made aware of before you got to CP3 and there should have been no reason why you couldn’t have paused inbetween taking CP3 and attacking CP4.

Since the rules apparently say that you can’t pause mid-round, no one is saying you did anything wrong, it’s just bad sportsmanship that you wouldn’t pause during a non action time and took advantage of something that was beyond the enemy team’s control. If this was an online competition, you might be able to blame the individual for building their computer like a noob, but this was a tournement PC, they were not responsible for the crash and you took full advantage of it.

Ultimately the crashes could have been the key in you taking cp_well. The second crash was unlucky as it was their medic during setup time meaning they had no opportunity even with a pause to try to take the last round as they would have had no uber even if the game was paused immediately, and that was their round to try and make a comeback to tie up the game.

In short, you could have paused twice without effecting your game after taking a CP, other teams did it in the competition but you followed the rules to the letter. You did no wrong except for show bad sportsmanship (The correct term would be ‘not show good sportsmanship’).

Quoted from AcidReniX

Since the rules apparently say that you can’t pause mid-round, no one is saying you did anything wrong, it’s just bad sportsmanship that you wouldn’t pause during a non action time and took advantage of something that was beyond the enemy team’s control. If this was an online competition, you might be able to blame the individual for building their computer like a noob, but this was a tournement PC, they were not responsible for the crash and you took full advantage of it.

Ultimately the crashes could have been the key in you taking cp_well. The second crash was unlucky as it was their medic during setup time meaning they had no opportunity even with a pause to try to take the last round as they would have had no uber even if the game was paused immediately, and that was their round to try and make a comeback to tie up the game.

In short, you could have paused twice without effecting your game after taking a CP, other teams did it in the competition but you followed the rules to the letter. You did no wrong except for show bad sportsmanship (The correct term would be ‘not show good sportsmanship’).

From Moose’s post, it sounds like he wasn’t ALLOWED to Pause. Not that they didn’t want to but they couldn’t. Seems retarded to ‘call them out’ for unsportsmanlike behaviour for something they had no choice in.

nic

epx^

To avoid disappointment, clarify rules beforehand.

Just forget about it and let it be a lesson tbh.

Moose

[MIPC]

Keep in mind Arx that you were watching through STV. You don’t see the exact moment of the pause with that because of the 90s delay. I saw like three or four of the crashes and they were all paused after the round win, but other teams finished these rounds way more quickly against 5. We just kinda failed with our pushes since it took that long.

Tbh the second medic crash was pretty meaningless since there was less than 2 mins left at that time, still possible to cap on Well but very unlikely. But yeah, that first crash happened in an awful time for them and on top of it, it took like 5 minutes for us to cap the last point which ran the clock out on the map. We didn’t do that intentionally though. TCM just defended quite good with 5. Not the way I would have wanted the match to go, especially when no real difference was found on Granary either.

Last edited by Moose,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

From Moose’s post, it sounds like he wasn’t ALLOWED to Pause. Not that they didn’t want to but they couldn’t. Seems retarded to ‘call them out’ for unsportsmanlike behaviour for something they had no choice in.

Obviously if this is the case then I take back any calls for unsportsmanlike behaviour, but from seeing other teams pause, it seemed like they were allowed to, or if they weren’t… they just… did anyway.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5