Forum

Idea: Medic-in-distress call

Created 22nd January 2010 @ 18:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

torden

broder
syster

I also posted this on the steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13149543#post13149543

Suggestion: Medic has a “help” call that lets players see his general health and direction – working just like a medic call from medic to other classes. A photoshop illustration: http://www.screencast.com/users/torden/folders/Jing/media/f54fa05f-8bf3-4dc9-8426-2f6f4d2a3513

From the left: 1. Medic at full hp, medic at low hp. On the right, dead medic i auto called.

Reason: The medic is arguably the class that is the most dependent on support from other classes. Classes have a medic-call (e) for calling the medic. But the medic has no way of signalizing his need for help to the other classes.

Pros:
* Allows a medic being attacked from behind to call for help, without the need of a microphone. Handy for players without microphone, or in competitive where comms can be saturated.
* Makes it easier for other classes to locate the medic for heals, or for rescuing vs back attack.
* Makes it clear for all classes nearby that the medic is weak, and allows them to set up a perimeter for him to snag nearby healthpacks.

Con:
GUI will be more saturated for some classes. But, not by much, and no more that that of the medic GUI

Overall, such a feature should allow for better team play on pub, and more effectiveness in competitive.

.____________.

+1

Edd

T2P

Nice idea

I like the name of the first person to respond XD

But yes, has been suggested several times. Would be greatly appreciated.

Ijantis

very nicely thought out idea +1

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

+9000

Mark

Phase

Very good idea.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Some way to let your team know what your uber % is at too would be nice, but it might be too easy. I think it should be done kinda like in q3 engine games, or atleast W:ET, it is possible to use the name of your previous kill for a bind to spam “*name* just got 0wnd”

ilike2spin

RLM

Torden said it, it’s definitely a good plan.

RaCio

GoT²

Sounds great

Defur

ex div2 medic approves *yay*

m00n

+fifteenthousand.

Sweet idea Torden.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Even if it was an automatic feature our medic would be too stupid to use it.

:3

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

In seriousness though, good idea. Could be set up with a slider in advanced options to set the HP at which the medic SOS call is triggered?

blorg

I would love this, it would be really helpful. Amazing idea, Torden.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »