Forum

Hit sounds!!

Created 14th January 2010 @ 16:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Ltk

Quoted from Plumb3d

i get this problem too. Found out yesterday to just restart tf2 so the noise plays on the menu screen then it will work

i know, when i type play “painkiller.wav” in my console and it does not give an error then my hitsounds work.
But restarting tf2 does not work all the time :(

exm

Same here. Custom hit sound play’s like once in a blue moon for me :< Anyone found a fix yet? I really hate the default one, and if you hit 3 or more targets at once, my head goes JINGALINGAWOOTWOOT!

franco

create a custom server (or any server with the right sv_pure settings), do damage (so the sound plays) then it will work on any server you join after that without exiting tf2.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

The sound file needs to be loaded before you join a sv_pure 2 server.

You stick
play sound.wav
in your autoexec.cfg

or

+play sound.wav
in your launch options

F2

Danmark

That still doesn’t work for me. Even though it does play the sound just as tf2 starts, the hitsounds don’t work 90% of the time (and a lot of other sounds don’t work either, like revenge/domination sounds).

bpf

rockit

Quoted from Admirable

You stick
play sound.wav
in your autoexec.cfg

or

+play sound.wav
in your launch options

ah nice i’ll try the launch options, the thing with the autoexec only works if you start the game and join the server afterwards but as i often join the servers via HLSW they dont work

edit: o/

Last edited by bpf,

Rele

Quoted from F2

That still doesn’t work for me. Even though it does play the sound just as tf2 starts, the hitsounds don’t work 90% of the time (and a lot of other sounds don’t work either, like revenge/domination sounds).

I noticed that happened to me when I joined a server directly through the webbrowser (eg when playing a tf2lobby) or when joining directly through Steam friends outside of the game. If I start the game and join a server in the game, then everything’s fine.

Last edited by Rele,

F2

Danmark

Quoted from Rele

[…]

I noticed that happened to me when I joined a server directly through the webbrowser (eg when playing a tf2lobby) or when joining directly through Steam friends outside of the game. If I start the game and join a server in the game, then everything’s fine.

Interesting. That could explain it. I almost always join through the Steam Server Browser (from Windows) or through Steam Friends.

crz

T4F

http://www.tf2dingalings.com btw for a lot of hitsounds

exm

Quoted from Admirable

You stick
play sound.wav
in your autoexec.cfg

or

+play sound.wav
in your launch options

Oh, thanks! Seems to be working 100% now :)

ambra

bump
does anyone happen to have that kung-fu sound from the youtube video? I cant find it anywhere

octochris

(0v0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9DYjtGD_DQ&feature=related

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3