Forum

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

Created 10th January 2010 @ 16:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

The idea of this project is for experienced players to teach others about Team Fortress 2 tactics and techniques. This project is aimed towards all levels of play and not just low division players. One of the potential outcomes of this project is to help close the gaps in terms of play style between the lowest divisions and the higher ones.

Cheers
Byte

We are back on track. We don’t use the page anymore though.
If you are looking for a mentor or want to be a mentor just come visit us at #tf2mentor and querry anyone with @ (byte/baerbel/Anathema)

Anyone who wants a mentor just ask us. Doesn’t matter if you need just started playing or have been playing for a while. Everyone is welcome!

If you would like to mentor someone please make sure you meet these requirements:

a) You have played in at least 1 season of TF2 in a competitive league, i.e. ETF2L, wptf2l, EnemyDown, UKeSA and ESL.

b) You are in a div 4 or above clan (or the equivalent depending on the league).

Last edited by baerbel,

Nice, good luck.

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Wow, awesome!

exm

I’ve singed up to be mentored at the beggining of June with no contact yet…

Anyways, I’ll try again, later, good to know you’re back! :)

baerbel

trick17
trick17

I’ve singed up to be mentored at the beggining of June with no contact yet…

Anyways, I’ll try again, later, good to know you’re back! :)

the whole website crap made mentoring very tedious. now you just message us on irc and if someone is available you will get help faster if not instantaneous!

marn

If there is any scout from higher div(1-3) who would like to mentor me then plz contact be:D

Steam:Soolatops

BadGuy

LTG.

Been helped well so far: great initiative especially for teamless people like me to actually learn from those who play(ed) in the higher divs (wait did I just rewrite the original post?)

Thanks so far :)

bun

So no more website, just irc is that it?

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

At the moment we are about 3 mentors so if anyone is interested in helping out go for it!

Just baerbel, byte and wildcard then?!

Pyle

I’m a shitnoob but I can help people out with their configs though… Add me on steam and ask for help if you want.

I just:

– optimise your rate settings.
– optimise interp.
– optimise binds.
– devide pub and pcw settings with a nice bind.
– customise your class configs.

And maybe more… depends on how nice your are :D

If you are new to the competive play of tf2 this can really help you out a lot.

Last edited by Pyle,

baerbel

trick17
trick17

So no more website, just irc is that it?

yes, i would love all the clans/people who applied through the contact form on the webpage to visit us on #tf2mentors if they are still looking for a mentor.

Just baerbel, byte and wildcard then?!

nope not anymore :) thanks for your dedication exfane and others :D

Last edited by byte,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

I would love to apply to be mentored but for the life of me, I cannot understand irc and its ‘auth’ business or whatever. I guess I’ll drop a line here and perhaps get irc once and for all <.<

lolage

TSPAG

I would love to apply to be mentored but for the life of me, I cannot understand irc and its ‘auth’ business or whatever. I guess I’ll drop a line here and perhaps get irc once and for all <.<

Dude I was the same. Couldn’t even join a channel using mIrc. Got IceChat – alot easier to use.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

there is an old thread about mirc:
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-483/?recent=106731

Iller

tGa

I don’t like that Mirc either.
It seemes to be a program from the start of the internet era in the mid 90’s which has been untouched since.
It’s ugly, unnecessary complicated and non user-friendly.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »