Forum

TF2 Update (06/01/10)

Created 6th January 2010 @ 21:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 Next »

Isai

flowerpower/

Everyone keeps talking about those stickies, but nobody cares to elaborate the situation for those people who can’t check it now.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

I wanna check out dem pellets but i’m using m0re’s high fps config i can’t see more then 1 pellet anyone an idea how to see all pellets again ?

I wanna check out dem pellets but i’m using m0re’s high fps config i can’t see more then 1 pellet anyone an idea how to see all pellets again ?

r_decals 100

Ino

dp.
dp.

That fixed spread pattern is great. Just go on a server and try the random patterns, at times there are 4 pellets exactly in the middle of your crosshair, then other times not 1 at all. So if you were lucky (lucky!) before your shots did more damage over a distance.

It’s not easier to meatshot now. It’s just that every shot that was aimed correctly is registered as a meatshot instead of random spread making only 2 pellets count.

Bash

Goddamn stickies! VALVE WHYYY?!

what’s up with them?

They fly all over the place due to splash and get broken by hitscan while airborne, it’s fucking infuriating.

atreides

As people tend to use misleading reference images (i.e. orderly spread at point-blank, random spread far away), here’s a sample of both spreads at the same range:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7742/cpbadlands0030.jpg

Last edited by atreides,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

As people tend to use misleading reference images (i.e. orderly spread at point-blank, random spread far away), here’s a sample of both spreads at the same range:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7742/cpbadlands0030.jpg

Nice one, the previous comparison was a bit biased :P

Hiper

-YSND-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXlbdaJC-nQ

Pretty nice video about the spread thing.

atreides

Averaging with 3 oberservations? Aha.

But the video shows the direction of impact: It’s a slight damageincrease and it’s balanced.

byte

I’m with Bash on this one, the stickies being deflected too much makes the gun useless sometimes really does u think u’ve whacked 4 stickies in someones face and bam nothing…. :D

Has someone mentioned this to be reverted to back how it used to be? o.O

Cheers

Byte

Extremer

I’m with Bash on this one, the stickies being deflected too much makes the gun useless sometimes really does u think u’ve whacked 4 stickies in someones face and bam nothing…. :D

Cheers

Byte

Yes, and Robin Walker replied with:
“If it’s true, it wasn’t intentional. We originally tried that exact feature it out years ago (before we shipped at all), and found it meant Demomen couldn’t really fight Heavies at all. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow.”

Probably requires a lot of reworking, since that post was made around 2 weeks ago.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Cheers

Byte

“If it’s true, it wasn’t intentional. We originally tried that exact feature it out years ago (before we shipped at all), and found it meant Demomen couldn’t really fight Heavies at all. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow.”

Probably requires a lot of reworking, since that post was made around 2 weeks ago.

Cool, at least we know it’s a bug and should be fixed.

Cheers

Byte

Tbh I don’t see the problem with Demomen having a little trouble fighting Heavy, and I’m not sure it means they can’t fight Heavies at all. 4 pipes still kills him real quickly unless he’s fully overhealed.

I’m not saying it doesn’t need to be changed back, and perhaps I’m biased since I love playing Heavy, but Demo is still a very powerful class even with this change while Heavy could use some tweaks.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I don’t see any difference in the spread with scattergun or shotgun.

Just the same all over the place bullets like always.

Server needs to have it enabled.

And demo’s still got grenades, that is your primary ain’t it? 4 nades on a heavy and he is pretty much dead. Same goes for soldiers and other demo’s. You only lose damage vs scouts because they are harder to hit, and stickies make it easier to fight them.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Bash

It’s not actually the heavy that is the problem, it’s every fight where there are rockets and stickies involved where you just have to count on your luck to get your stickies to where they are supposed to go. Tight spaces, forget about it, you’ll just kill yourself. Demo vs demo is a huge fucking joke as well as the guy who shoots first wins.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 Next »