Forum

Google to buy Valve.

Created 17th September 2008 @ 15:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Swarley

cool^m

WELL PLACED SOURCES tell us that Google is going to be buying Valve any second now. If you have to stop and think about why, you probably are not aware of Steam, Valve’s amazing content distribution platform.

Google Portal may be a nice idea, but that is irrelevant. Google Content Distribution (Beta) however should make just about every other competitor lose several years of sleep, most of their remaining hair, and large gobs of stock price.

Valve has the best content distribution platform out there, bar none. Steam may have had rough patches here and there, but they are almost all ironed out now, and just about everyone that matters has signed up to use it.

When Google picks them up, it will be a clean kill, no one else will matter. It is a good buy for them, a good thing for Valve, and in general, good for everyone except MS. Then again, they are irrelevant now, so who cares?

Long live Voogle, or is that Golve? DAMMIT!

Taken from http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/09/17/google-valve

What you guys think about this? I feel that it’s a good thing. Apart from “Valve having the best content distribution platform out there, bar none” Google have obviously recognized that the esports community is getting big and valve owns a lot of the most popular games.

Waebi

‹Con›

uh… nowai. Either it’s a hoax or i’d start to be a pirate. srsly.
Google = pile of fail. eat it.

Swarley

cool^m

Update 9:40 a.m. PDT: Gaming site Kotaku threw some cold water on the report after speaking to Doug Lombardi, Valve’s director of marketing. The site said Lombardi called the Google acquisition report “purely a rumor, a bit of fiction.” Though that wasn’t a direct quote, and there’s some wiggle room in the wording, Kotaku also concluded that Google is “out of the picture.”

Oh well :D

KillaloT

eureka

Google buying VALVe, could probably get the games released for linux platform ! Yay !

bobberyayo

8{

hoax

Redman350

[FB]

Google Fortress 2 ftw

Jonni

[FB]

from my very own well placed source within said company: no

N/A

RaWr ::

Adverts in game will be good for the competitive scene.

Add A Reply Pages: 1