Forum

American wanting to know how to use Heavy (aka "Euro Style Tf2")

Created 13th September 2008 @ 17:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Phokus

Hi Guys,

I’m an American in an American TF2 clan. We mostly do 2 soldier/2scout/1 demo/1medic in 6v6 like most american clans, but we want to add some diversity to our play style in order to have maximum advantage over our opponents. We’d like to learn the euro style of switching one soldier out for a heavy.

We have a few questions:

a) What is the best method of using the heavy? Should they be out in front or in back of the line?

b) What maps are the heavies good at and which should we avoid using heavies?

c) Would a 2 soldier, 1 heavy, 1 scout, 1 medic, 1 demo lineup work? Or should it only be 1 soldier, 1 heavy, 2 scouts, 1 medic, 1 demo?

d) Where can i find some good demo’s of heavy play (and which clans use them well?)

Any other tips are appreciated as well, thanks!

Wlv

RaWr ::

As it stands heavy’s are slowly being left behind as the clan play is speeding up dramatically, however using a heavy does work sometimes as it forces the other team to kill as much as poss before the heavy arrives so they can then focus fire on the heavy.

Puppets

i heared 4kings is using a heavy… correct me if im wrong

Rele

4kings was using a heavy… unfortunately Riemu isnt an active player anymore.

Waebi

‹Con›

one (quite) good Heavy video:
http://vimeo.com/1011906

to get back on the questions, i dislike heavies… They can defend well, ofc, but they are just SO SLOOOOW and i gotta be fast in the middle as Medic, cant care about them…

ONlock

YOYO\'

I think a HW push on last point on f.ex. well, granary, badlands, is great! if you have an uber and the defenders don’t, its very easy to kill them since they have to get on the point to defend, just let the medic half cap it, then they’ll come running. And with the minigun in close range, they are dead in half a second.

AnimaL

“euro style of switching one soldier out for a heavy”

i loled :D

u can switch to heavy on defence, like on gravelpit or last point, but thats just it…

Renegade

Imperial

I think heavies mostly faded out because of how strong the kritzkrieg became. Its pretty much rock paper scissors countering, because really the crits allows any class to own a heavy up, because his health means nothing but two grenades or rockets, he cant escape/ dodge.

It also didnt help that his new weapons pretty much fail.

infussle

I think heavies became a dying breed when soldiers and demomen improved :)

Wlv

RaWr ::

Basically what infusion said, the heavy was a dying class well before the kritz got a speed boost, people also learnt how to deal with a decent heavy as well where-as if you run 2x sol there is more combinations you can run in certain areas etc, shame, i miss my ac :(

Sellrion

I think, heavy is dead for team’s main lineup. But it is still a wise decision to use heavy in some situations. And that decision still can bring you a victory. If that decision was wise, of course…)))

xtala

I mostly play hw in my team, and if played correctly it can make quite a difference.
A hw is like a huge magnet for the enemy team to fire upon, which means your teammates can operate more safely, make a safe retreat.
It is also quite easy to shred an entire team when attacking the last cp on a map.

bobberyayo

8{

See if you can get Riemu a giving you a heavy demo or w/e. The guy knows probably the most about the class + he played at the highest level with a very good performance.

Phokus

Thanks for the tip guys, do any of you know how to get in contact with Riemu? Judging by his video, he looks very talented.

toasty.

PHX

Its kind of a shame how the game is constantly shrinking in terms of classes used. Really enjoy watching snipers/spies/pyros etc at a high level.

Oh yeah and riemu and sommie are the 2 worth trying to find demos of. I think because of updates all riemu’s are probably broken (unless you have files backed up and play in offline mode). Sommie played for sweden recently though I think, check here:

http://www.cadred.org/Media/Demos/?page=1&cat=80&letter=

Oh and for maps – its pretty much either last point on wellnary or dustbowl/gravelpit like has been said.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »