Forum

SOLDIER SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM TF2

Created 21st October 2009 @ 01:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

Pyle

Are you all trying for a Section Eight ? Down and give me twenty now !

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Why?
Soldier is indubitably the class with the lowest skill ceiling and lowest effectiveness scaling with skill ceiling. If a soldier is attacked by a scout, and can’t find him after half a sec of flailing his mouse, he will look into the ground and fire frantically. Additionally it is the slowest class.

Steps to remove the soldier:
Instead of playing with 2 soldiers, I think the format should change to 2 demos and 3 scouts (and obviously a medic). This will remove the soldier slowing the pace of the game down and increase overall enjoyment, as soldier is arguably the most boring class to play.

If the soldier is removed from competitive play, I am almost positive community growth will spike.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMNED MIND?

trams

-><-

as soldier is arguably the most boring class to play.

Wth? never played medic? ;)

iQue

keso

Medic is fun, but only if you do stupid crap all the time like trying to ubersaw their medic or needle their 260 hp demoman while my team are blowing up themselves

bm

Some truth to it. Soldier is indeed the most boring class to play in the game.

gK

Mc\\\'s

Seriously man, we were waiting for a “nice” Fragga answer, and thats all you give us…you gotta be kidding me :(

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Seriously man, we were waiting for a “nice” Fragga answer, and thats all you give us…you gotta be kidding me :(

it’s too early in the morning, plus I actually agree with his post.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Why?
Soldier is indubitably the class with the lowest skill ceiling and lowest effectiveness scaling with skill ceiling. If a soldier is attacked by a scout, and can’t find him after half a sec of flailing his mouse, he will look into the ground and fire frantically. Additionally it is the slowest class.

Steps to remove the soldier:
Instead of playing with 2 soldiers, I think the format should change to 2 demos and 3 scouts (and obviously a medic). This will remove the soldier slowing the pace of the game down and increase overall enjoyment, as soldier is arguably the most boring class to play.

If the soldier is removed from competitive play, I am almost positive community growth will spike.

Yes! Sucks ball when you get hit by some soldier spazzing out and hitting the ground. :(

SfynX

T2P

fs fragga go play something else if u keep complaining :D

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Soldier is indubitably the class with the lowest skill ceiling and lowest effectiveness scaling with skill ceiling.

Actually I’d apply this logic to the pyro most. I have a friend who played pyro on publics for well over a year, if he’d bothered to play another class he would actually be good enough to join a div6/5 team, but playing as pyro means he’s never learned to aim correctly. If the flamethrower was a lightning gun style hitscan weapon it might not be realistic, but it would make the weapon and people who play it a lot better.

Personally I just like the way projectile classes like soldier work, hitscan arguably might require more aiming accuracy, but the combat just isn’t as fun to watch.

This thread is a revelation.

SamurAi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

how the fuck can you say scout requires more skill when the rockets are so retardedly slow you need prediction like nostradamus in addition to extremely accurate rocket placement to foot

Wiiking

cl limit one is the answer to everything!

reCon

close maybe?…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »