Forum

PindaHud

Created 15th October 2009 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Danger Ranger

MAD

TBH once you get used to this HUD its great. The best thing it has going for it is the fact that it still feels like your playing TF2 not CS. m0re’s HUD the information is too small, and there isn’t enough contrast, which means it takes you a few more split seconds to see critical info.

Also in pinda’s HUD your health flashes red at 66.6% which is surprisingly handy because it gives you enough time/health to withdraw as opposed to 49% which leaves things a bit close.

I find with m0re’s HUD + noviewmodels the game starts feeling way to much like flying around in a space ship.

Again it comes down to preference I like having view models on so this HUD is great.

Last edited by Danger Ranger,

ouch

I find with m0re’s HUD + noviewmodels the game starts feeling way to much like flying around in a space ship.

a space ship of love! I can’t imagine playing with viewmodels ever again

danny.

!

Last edited by danny.,

saiboat

http://sannieslog.punt.nl/upload/helaas-pindakaas_copy.jpg

ilike2spin

RLM

hijack!!!!

pindab0ter

wai?
CWoT

I added a Google Code page.

Feel free to leave feedback there or post issues/suggestions.

http://code.google.com/p/pindahud/

Thank you.

ilike2spin

RLM

Update to PindaHud, it now supports minimal hud, download from here:

http://code.google.com/p/pindahud/

revanxp

v2 looks good. I’ll give it a try

AnimaL

add screens

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

screens: http://code.google.com/p/pindahud/wiki/ScreenshotsVersion2

pindab0ter

wai?
CWoT

I’d like some feedback. I just made version 2.1, fixing some minor issues.

I will be actively trying to keep my HUD up to date and I am open to suggestions.

Let me hear your opinions on the Minimal Hud version!

revanxp

Feedbacks:
– remove class icon on the bottom left
– decrease health font a little
– remove ammo blu/red background (make it transparent)
– health value in the target id shoul not overlay the health cross (just move it to the right of the hp cross)
– decrease red flashing cross size

Like the hud but i think it could be better

Last edited by revanxp,

pindab0ter

wai?
CWoT

Feedbacks:
– health value in the target id shoul not overlay the health cross (just move it to the right of the hp cross)

Like the hud but i think it could be better

I’ve tried this, but I’ve found no way to remove it without also removing the spy disguise from there. If you remove your class icon, there will be no way to check what class you disguised as.

I’ll see what others have to say. Personally I like it being quite big, because I find numerals to be more informative than visuals. I will keep it in mind though.

Will give this a go, see how it looks like, might even include it in a future release if it comes out okay.

Currently looking into this, I’m as of yet trying to find out how this can be done. If anyone has any leads please tell me! (see footnote for a bit of info on this)

I’ll have a new look at it, estimate it’s size and see if I think it’s too big. Maybe there’s support from others as well.

Footnote (only interesting when you know a bit of HUDding yourself):
Elements defined in the HudLayout.res have to stay within the bounds defined in this file. So if you make an item in a resource####.res larger than the boundaries you stated in the scriptsHudLayout.res, it will be chopped off. In Photoshop terms, it works like a mask, anything within it will be shown, anything outside of it is still there, but just not visible.
This is the problem I have with the healthvalue on the targets’ health cross. As soon as I move it more to the right, it disappears, and as of yet I haven’t found where to change the boundaries so that it will be visible. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by pindab0ter,

revanxp

Answer to replies to my fedbacks: ^^
I’ve tried this, but I’ve found no way to remove it without also removing the spy disguise from there. If you remove your class icon, there will be no way to check what class you disguised as.
————————————————————————
There’s no need for class icon. The center panel show you the name of the player you are disguise and the gun you are using. If you are a tf2 player you should know greande launcher is demoman’s. Have a look at m0re’s hud screen about spy disguise:
http://www.m0re.nocrits.com/images/gallery/large/35.jpg
————————————————————————
I’ll see what others have to say. Personally I like it being quite big, because I find numerals to be more informative than visuals. I will keep it in mind though.
————————————————————————
Ok
————————————————————————
Will give this a go, see how it looks like, might even include it in a future release if it comes out okay.
————————————————————————
This should be definetively be done. If you use a fps cfg tf2 default panel looks a bit pixelated on the edges. Transparent is the way!

Currently looking into this, I’m as of yet trying to find out how this can be done. If anyone has any leads please tell me! (see footnote for a bit of info on this)
————————————————————————
Try have a look at m0re’s hud files or ask him. He moved the health values under the health cross.
————————————————————————
I’ll have a new look at it, estimate it’s size and see if I think it’s too big. Maybe there’s support from others as well.
————————————————————————
Glad to hear that.
————————————————————————

Wainting for the great update then. ^^

Sam

scenic

————————————————————————————————-
I like it that way better, i have figured out to remove them so i did.

I would have a request, would it be possible to move the hud to the left side (so it would look normal and okay etc) i would like this way more since i play with the viewmodel on the left side and if the ammo/health is on that side aswell then it would make it better for me(or the people who have the viewmodels on the left)
Its just a suggestion :)

Edit: I just did the stuff i mentioned. So no need to do it (if u were planning on)

Last edited by Sam,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »