Forum

Quantums Little Config v2.1 (FPS+Movie)

Created 13th October 2009 @ 09:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

randa

can u tell me how to delete it please ?

revanxp

delete all quantum’s files (or use unistaller). Than put -autoconfig in your launch options. Boot tf2 > exit > deletete autoconfig option > reboot tf2 > set your settings

Quantum

vR

wow, works really great quantum your awesome :)

1 thing I got when launching TF2, the console pops-up with:

Unknown command “QLC_RAM_3072”

It a bug, i forget to copy the alias into the config. I’m planing an update of the ScriptPack. When its done (time is the prob ^^) i will announce it.

I uncommented the QLC_RAM_3072 in mainconfig.cfg under Cache settings
should be allright ?

again, really great fps increase :D

You can use the 2GB Version without any Probs (dont forget the launchoptions) or even none if you like ^^

Last edited by Quantum,

Quantum

vR

delete all quantum’s files (or use unistaller). Than put -autoconfig in your launch options. Boot tf2 > exit > deletete autoconfig option > reboot tf2 > set your settings

thx ^^

btw.
If you using windows 7 the uninstaller wont work. Use the SourcePackage to find out which files to delete.

I love your net & ram settings and you have a great knowledge of tf2 vars so this could be an idea.
I hope you understand what i mean ^^

“There’s black (highquality), there’s white (highfps) bu there’s no grey”
(actually there’s ultra white too ^^)

My Problem is that i only can guess a good setting for everyone and this is a hard problem. My PC is not capable of testing this cfg then (I use HighFPS ^^). Maybe i give it a try when i update the Sources.

Last edited by Quantum,

randa

link to uninstaller please and ive deleted my whole cfg folder and its still there. ..

Last edited by randa,

revanxp

link to uninstaller please and ive deleted my whole cfg folder and its still there. ..

link in the first page. (http://www.dieall.de/da2008/index.php?mod=files&action=view&where=39. Unistaller folder)
Quantum says it doesn’t work if you use win 7 so careful.
If you have deleted your cfg you’re fine but you need to punt -autoconfig once in your launch option to set tf2 back to its default settings.

randa

doesnt open with winrar so i cant find the uninstaller… only gives me the option to install

revanxp

doesnt open with winrar so i cant find the uninstaller… only gives me the option to install

yeah sorry, my mistake.
http://www.dieall.de/da2008/index.php?mod=files&action=view&where=37
Use this as reference. All the files/folders in this package belong to quantum’s cfg so you just have to check if one of these is still in your tf folder. If not you have successfully deleted quantum’s cfg.
You still need to use -autoconfig command to set tf2 back to your default settings

Quantum

vR

You can find the Uninstaller in ../tf/cfg/Quantum.cfg/Uninstaller
Since you deleted this, the easiest way is install again and then use the uninstaller.
There should be a Uninstallentry in the “add/remove programms” which links to the folder above.

Otherwise delete all files you can find in the sourcepackage. After that you should use the autoconfig to reset you config to default, as mentioned above.

Last edited by Quantum,

ShaNo

Nice config, thx

Harps

MM

i have a problem please add me on steam so we can talk

Quantum

vR

Ask here so the community gets the info too. Maybe not you are the only one with that prob ;)

Quantum

vR

Released an update. QLC FPS v2.1 based on your Feedback :)
-> New GraphicSetting: “Standard” — HighQuality(new) — UltraHighQuality(old HighQuality)
-> Bugfix: 3072MB Ram-Setting now works.
-> Bugfix: Taking Screenshots with F5 work now (typo :/)

Last edited by Quantum,

revanxp

Released an update. QLC FPS v2.1 based on your Feedback :)
HighQuality(new)

I want your babies!

EDIT:
feedbacks time ^^
Just finish a test session on a 32 player server using the brand new high quality cfg. Just to strees my pc (specs: asus p5q, 2gb ram, geforce 9800gt, intel dual core).
Great quality. I get 100 more fps (70-80 durings fights) on a 32 player server. Some choke btw. No lags that’s for sure, no shutters
I noticed the cfg sets everything on high except shadows (low) and textures (very high).
tf2 recommended all high settings for my pc but disabling aliasing and the other filter.
With this config they will be set to a higher setting (2x-4x).

@Quantum: First question
I’d like to set them to none (antialiasing and the other filter i can’t remember the name, it’s just on the right of the aa filter). Wich variables/files do i have to modify?

Quantum says he haven’t totally tested this cfg so i tested it.
This is the cfg i was looking for. It combines great quality+quantum’s ram/net/core settings
Here’s some screens since there are no screenshots on the quantum’s thread about the new highquality cfg:
http://i33.tinypic.com/egu0xt.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/2m2ezib.jpg

I tested it even with the new koth map aka lagevent. I get good fps too, 70-100. ^^

Thumbs up!

Last edited by revanxp,

Quantum

vR

….
@Quantum: First question
I’d like to set them to none (antialiasing and the other filter i can’t remember the name, it’s just on the right of the aa filter). Wich variables/files do i have to modify?

You can find here
http://www.dieall.de/da2008/index.php?mod=articles&action=view&id=59&page=4
all CVars which are used by the TF2 GraphicMenu. In the Config you should find the Cvars in this File you want.
../cfg/Quantum.cfg/SourceEngine_SETTING-Core.cfg

Thx for testing it out. Since i will have 2weeks without Inet, i will check the feedback when i´m back :)

Last edited by Quantum,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »