Forum

TF2 Mixing Vent

Created 5th August 2008 @ 20:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

tomardern

Hi all!

Basically, I am looking to set up a TeamFortress2 Mixing Vent, similar to the very successful Lo3 Mixing Vent (IP:195.242.238.105 Port:4903) in which has over 4000 regular users. Which would allow anyone to get a TF2 Mix. I think there is a need for a “proper” mixing vent. I have kindly been given a 60 slot ventrilo server to begin with by lo3servers.co.uk.

To begin with, we would need a couple of TF2 Admins to help with the set up, word of mouth, and to get the popularity of the TF2 mixing vent up to a good standard.

Would this be a good idea for the TF2 Community? Any suggestions or opinions for a TF2 Mix vent? Would anybody like to help set up and run/admin the mix vent?

Thanks,
Tom
Xfire: Tomardern

dunc

infs
dp.

#mpuktf2.pickup

Already exists, 60+ pickups per day. Has numerous TF2 and ventrilo servers, sponsored by Multiplay.

Jh

Hey dats!

css mixing vent was the worst idea ever and has only spawned shitty, baiting, dodgy 19millers with egos bigger than Jupiter. The kind of players that made me quit css.

No thanks.

dont be offended, this wasnt a personal attack.

tomardern

Fair Enough. The Lo3 Mixing Vent has changed alot since the old days. Its very different now, all the idiots have gone, been ip and account banned and alot people actually mix. All of the racism has gone, players now have respect for each other. Come on,. believe me it has changed!

wai

TEZC
TEZC

any1 know the time?

pukz

lol wai

tomardern

We have now fully set up and the mixing vent is live!

The (First and Only?) Team Fortress 2 Mixing Vent is :-

IP: 195.242.238.111
Port: 5579

Use it to find TF2 Mixes. Hope to see you on for a few mixes :).

HF!

Jdanzi

Lol, I love the way hes completely ignored Dunc.

wai

TEZC
TEZC

/amsg *class* *skill* can merc for you /q

nvc

its a good idea, better than playing pickups

KOVACS

no…it really isnt:(

F2

Danmark

He hasn’t ignored dunc. He went on the pickup channel and advertised for it and then he went on the pickup vent and advertised for it by writing it in his comment.

tomardern

I haven’t ignored him. It didnt need a response. I already knew about mpuktf2.pickup anyway.

Mixing Vent is different to pickups, for example, mixing you know who you are playing with, and you make the teams. On mpuktf2.pickup, yes you do know who you are playing, but you don’t pick the teams. Mixing is more of a community, people want to stay, chat, create teams etc. Yes people do that, but not as much, ( i use the cod4 pickup sometimes).

The Lo3 CSS Mix is very successful, many of the CSS pickups are inactive or arnt popular. Mixing Vents are more of a community then a pickup channel is.

Ino

dp.
dp.

I still don’t get the difference between Pickups and Mixing? Can you explain that?

pukz

I believe the mix vent is..

You get a team together and join the vent and play against another team already on the vent???

I might be wrong :o

Please explain more if i am :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »