Forum

TF2 Beta idea.

Created 7th August 2009 @ 17:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

turtLe

Actually (as pointed out in an email he sent me) he reads these forums pretty often. Or at least gotfrag, that is.

That said, your program is pretty neat. I’ve seen the threads on the competitive forums about it. If it takes off, we can probably work something out with you to help you keep it up to date as we add new HUD elements.

That email came to me about a hour after we posted the HudManager

I just want them to fix the jarate so it doesn’t make your screen yellow. I’m dreading it when they allow the unlock.

xtala

Wasn’t that fixed ages ago?

Tom

[Ci]

The white screen on dx8 was fixed, he means the yellow effect that lets you know you got hit.

Froz3n

Well at least the Heavy can now reach the points quicklier :) But it should have a negative effect :)

To notice, when the heavy switch to his other weapon, it return to the normal speed, so when he has enemy’s nearby, he is the old heavy, slow and dumb :P

It shouldn’t affect that much, but that’s just my 2 cents :)

Shyguy

Well at least the Heavy can now reach the points quicklier :) But it should have a negative effect :)

He can’t attack with it? Idk… But, a heavy with boxing gloves is way more bad ass.

FADe

My idea would be for the medic, we’ve all heard him crying out “assistance peter!” Well I think VALVe should create a little guy called peter who acts like a little healing drone who hovers around a selected player constantly buffering his health up by 50HP. The opposing team would have to target peter and shoot him down in order to stop him buffering the player.

this will be great, thanks

Largos^

PRO

I think this makes sense because he is supposed to be the ‘dumb’ member of the team and he loves his sandvich!
What do you guys think?

Copy pasted from http://www.teamfortress.com/heavy.htm

The Heavy

Like a hibernating bear, the Heavy appears to be a gentle giant. Also like a bear, confusing his deliberate, sleepy demeanor with gentleness will get you ripped limb from limb. Though he speaks simply and moves with an economy of energy that’s often confused with napping, the Heavy isn’t dumb, he’s not your big friend, and he generally wishes you’d just shut up before he has to make you shut up.

But still, that’s a pretty lulzy idea you have :)

Deleteme

He can’t attack with it? Idk… But, a heavy with boxing gloves is way more bad ass.

I dont think there should be a negative effect. The heavy is underpowered when it comes to comp. play. So this unlock will be a little buff to help balance him out. This would make the KGB useless in comparison, but balancing out classes is more important than balancing out melee weapons imo… xD

Deleteme

I think this makes sense because he is supposed to be the ‘dumb’ member of the team and he loves his sandvich!
What do you guys think?

Copy pasted from http://www.teamfortress.com/heavy.htm

The Heavy

Like a hibernating bear, the Heavy appears to be a gentle giant. Also like a bear, confusing his deliberate, sleepy demeanor with gentleness will get you ripped limb from limb. Though he speaks simply and moves with an economy of energy that’s often confused with napping, the Heavy isn’t dumb, he’s not your big friend, and he generally wishes you’d just shut up before he has to make you shut up.

But still, that’s a pretty lulzy idea you have :)

Haha, fair play. Still, i recon a Sandvich attached to his head would out smart him :P

Contra

Be

My idea would be for the medic, we’ve all heard him crying out “assistance peter!” Well I think VALVe should create a little guy called peter who acts like a little healing drone who hovers around a selected player constantly buffering his health up by 50HP. The opposing team would have to target peter and shoot him down in order to stop him buffering the player.

this will be great, thanks

peter??!! what about bitte? (its pls in german) (maybe its time for you to buy a soundcard :D)

Wasn’t that fixed ages ago?

Yeah, I mean when you get hit by the jarate, certain people like myself can’t see due to the colour. For me I see yellow as greyishwhite so it’s kind of annoying when I suddenly become blind.

Memento Mori

The medic should hand out Oktoberfeast, cuz thats what he says. It would be a barbeque or something with chicken on it.

xtala

The medic should hand out Oktoberfeast, cuz thats what he says. It would be a barbeque or something with chicken on it.

Que?
Don’t tell me you don’t know what oktoberfest actually is.

“assistance peter!”

Hahahaha….haaaa.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »