Forum

The thing you dislike most about Public TF2 Servers

Created 2nd August 2009 @ 15:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Hey guys, Just an interesting one here.

I know alot, infact most 6v6 players virually never play on public TF2 and theres a myriad of reasons for it.

Personally for me its engineers, I don’t care what you say, but 2 engineers with both having level 3 sentrys in the same place is an end-game on most public servers and theres normally more than 2 of them.

Whats your reason?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Engi is the only class I play on publics usually, just sit back and watch your sentry rack up kills xD

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

– Crits (and lucky kills therefore)

iQue

keso

General player stupidity.

Most people can’t aim or just does what they feel like, hence why you see 5 engies on offense and that kind of stuff. Public play has its charm but it gets old really fast. I find myself to be the only one that knows how to rocketjump sometimes.

That said, there is a public server I play on pretty often, because the players there are really good guys and at least decent at the game. :) They just play steel too often, lol.

kaidus

WiK?

The never ending barrage of ambush classes lying in wait.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

few reasons
1. most pubs are too large and my machine cant handle it
2. camping engineers who are quite prepared to sit for hours by the sentry
3. w+m1 pyros who never stop chasing you, ever
4. Solder/heavy are too slow to play hunting for health packs without medics
5. Respawn waves, where you’re confronted with multiple enemies all the time
6. If you’re good you’re always team switched to the bad side
7. If you go demo it becomes boring just how easy the class is on publics
8. Right-click demomen

AnAkkk

Crits/too many engineers/too many pyros.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

who the f*ck hides as a heavy on middle badlands in the enemies house waiting for someone to walk along. its just stupid :D

and THE LUCKY KILLS, ZOMG RAGE

ANDMYHEADKEAPSS

vay »

pyro ftw

n00ne

On most maps its the annoying slow pace of the game , 10 sentrys on one side and 4 medics with ubers that dont give them out on the other.

+ The ignorance , I’m running away from a pyro with 20 hps and burning and a medic runs by me with his syringe gun in his hand , doesnt even heal me.

bennY

dp.

– stupid team m8s
– lack of medics
– more than 6v6 ruins the game. no use in playing 16v16
– shit maps like dustbowl, steel, goldrush, etc.

reNzy

-the lack of stupidity when ur on fire and pyro’s dont know how to airblast u when there’s no medic around
-the medics who die with uber
-lack of multi-ubering

Skyride

DUCS

The only server i play public on is this one that runs badlands/granary/gravelpit in 24/7 rotation. Its great on badlands/granary since people mostly play the usual 4 6v6 classes with maybe the odd heavy and spy there for fun. But soon as gravelpit goes on the engineer army is back on patrol.

89.238.160.13:27016

Thats IP if you want to check it out.

7. If you go demo it becomes boring just how easy the class is on publics

Heh, Ive noticed that with you on the etf2l server. :P

Extremer

Getting dominated by F2 the engineer in the 24/7 turbine server over and over again..

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Indeed. On 5cp maps when going from like 2nd to mid point or whatever you have to dodge 3 pyro’s, 1 spy and 1 sniper every single fucking time :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »