Forum

Whats the best servers to use

Created 17th July 2008 @ 22:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

extigy

whats the best server company to use for having a tf2 server ?

KillaloT

eureka

We use http://www.KillerCreation.co.uk , they have great ping and service and a very low cost.

F2

Danmark

Or Multiplay – they have both UK and NL servers

shifty

Sir

http://www.dustworld.net 8]

Khenyk

-cavalier-

GameServers

Albert

get a server @ http://www.pulsegaming.com right now!

agron

Relic

i dont want to flame wotr even though this will prolly sound like it, but pls don’t get a pulsegaming server. Those servers tend to put northern/eastern europeans into a big-ish disadvantage. :/

Or maybe it’s just the location in the UK (wotr servers as an example here), dont know for sure. Yeah it prolly is the location when I think about it because TLR’s Dust…world? servers are also pretty harsh on ppl not from Western Europe.

I’d recommend getting a server from central europe (.de for example) as those servers are usually the most neutral ones for the competing teams. If you have money to spare, you can also get 1 from your homeland and one from .de. It’s kinda nice to have options =)

Wlv

RaWr ::

eah it prolly is the location when I think about it because TLR’s Dust…world? servers are also pretty harsh on ppl not from Western Europe.

That issue (with the games vs c.) was due to the server box we were on, we have since had 2x new boxes, the final one seems pefect for most parties (played some israel’s etc on it and they had 0 loss etc etc).

Dustworld is generally quite good aslong as you get a good box, other than that I have to say multiplay servers!

May I also add, if you go to our site http://www.tlr-clan.co.uk and use the Dustworld Server Voucher, you will get 10% off any server they have!

RobbaZ

[FADER]

What de/dk/swe-providers is there?

OllG

gameservers

Waebi

‹Con›

tigit.co.uk ;)
either get a real dedi, or a game server set up already. Pings from Switzerland around 30, less from Sweden and .de.

byte

Agron you really do asking for a slating sometimes. Bet you got bullied at school for your perculiarness and awkwardness :E

Anyway, what Agron said is true if your a Admin of a TF2 league and are providing servers for major semi-finals or finals than like he said go for a .de server as then it would be neutral to most clans playing on it. I.e. Scandinavian Eastern Europe etc….but i’m assuming your not an admin of a TF2 league providing servers for clans to play on…

However if your a clan leader and the majority of your clan live in UK or western/mid Europe then i’d recommend

Multiplay or Pulsegaming

Cheers Byte

agron

Relic

yes byte, i was…horrible scars for laif!!1 =(

and what in the world are you on about?

Are you saying that I should lie?

“Oh yes dear OP go buy a Pulsewhatever server like Albertz here is so blatantly telling you to do! No problems what so ever with anyone ever!”

I know how wotr feels about their servers. Dissing a wotr server is like dissing wotr members mothers. No strike that, I’m not even “dissing” the server. That would mean I’m just making stuff up, criticizing something that doesn’t deserve it. Just like wotr does often when they are forced to play on a non-uk server: “amagad packet loss, amagad wut are these rates! LOL WUT etc…”

So I just wanted to say that I’m actually not THIS time dissing the servers just to diss wotr. I was stating that UK Pulsegaming servers servers are bad for us scandinavians because they _actually_ are.

And I did also say that it might be that your lovely toasters are actually of good quality, and the problem lies with their locations/routings/whatever. (see my previous post for referance if you forgot already)

So how bout you stop presuming that everything i say bout wotr is slating. For crying out loud I even wrote it down for you in my previous post and I did mention that TLR’s servers atleast used to be problematic for us scands./easterns.

__
oh and what byte actually said afterwards is true =)

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

lol

byte

Has to be said you can’t express yourself correctly then if you weren’t “meant” to slate tbh.

I’d get it checked out before typing :X <3

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »