Pickups: Feature requests

Created 6th July 2009 @ 19:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 17 Next »

dauk

just open the invitation

F2

Danmark

You got to ask yourself “Why have people stopped playing?”
There are still 600 that can join the channel. So why don’t they play?

You could probably come up with several answers.
But based on the discussions in the channel and the pm’s I have been getting, people have stopped playing because the channel is turning into pickup 1. That is, even though people might be able to comm, they still don’t talk much or understand English well. And their gamesense is quite bad.

I intend to fix this by reinventing the pickup2 concept. It will get lots of new features but also a new, smaller playerbase. It will hurt some people and benefit others. And then there’s still the question of activity. Won’t the pickup channel be less active with fewer players? At the moment there are 600 invited and yet there is inactivity. When it started it had perhaps 300 invited and much higher activity. What matters is quality, not quantity. We just need to invite the right players. And in the future, the admins will make sure that happens.

The changes will take effect in approx. 2 weeks.

dauk

good to know something actualy will happen.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

cant wait to see the changes
but we had some really good games last night
even the gibbus was in :DDD

byte

Will be some awesome changes fyi :D

F2 for President :x

Cheers

Byte

ouch

Will be some awesome changes fyi :D

hopefully i will be able to see those changes. don’t kick autsch out of pu2, he needs to improve and this is the only pickupsystem that actually gave him some thoughts about gameplay. :)

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

when pu2 was active, nightbox was playing so i can say because of me was activity there :P

Extremer

But based on the discussions in the channel and the pm’s I have been getting, people have stopped playing because the channel is turning into pickup 1. That is, even though people might be able to comm, they still don’t talk much or understand English well. And their gamesense is quite bad.

I intend to fix this by reinventing the pickup2 concept. It will get lots of new features but also a new, smaller playerbase. It will hurt some people and benefit others. And then there’s still the question of activity. Won’t the pickup channel be less active with fewer players? At the moment there are 600 invited and yet there is inactivity. When it started it had perhaps 300 invited and much higher activity. What matters is quality, not quantity. We just need to invite the right players. And in the future, the admins will make sure that happens.

Reinvent the invite pickup instead!

Qun

GoT<3

pug1 was fun with nos, daf and byte :D

Cloud

.wldcrd!

We going to get any info on how it all works then, if the sytem’s being overhauled, or have you not yet decided?

Xizk

k^m

Is mumble going to be used anytime soon? The only reason I haven’t played lately is that ventrilo is not working very well for me and mumble is.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Yeah me too, cba installing ventrilo and using it. besides having to use ptt instead of voice activation makes me rage.

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

The way i see it, pickup1 should b for players new to the tf2 competitive gameplay that are there to learn, pickup2 for players with comp experience that just wna get wormed up before a league match or improve their aim, so the tactic is not an issue there and pickup3/invite logically for players in top divs, players who know the tactics and are happy with their skill lvl, just wna have some fun out of their usual rosters and maybe warm up. Pickup2 became bad coz of emo ‘higher’ div players when mixed with not so experienced ones, so imo separating them in that way would help.

F2

Danmark

Is mumble going to be used anytime soon? The only reason I haven’t played lately is that ventrilo is not working very well for me and mumble is.

We are definitely not going to use the old Mumble 1.1.x because the admin capabilities are jokes. I would like to use Mumble 1.2, however my spies are telling me that most people still have 1.1.8 installed (the FB Mumble is also still using this version). So I don’t think we will change to Mumble before people actually get the latest version installed.

Edit: It appears FB do have a 1.2 Mumble, but the amount of users is small.

Wobblit

The way i see it, pickup1 should b for players new to the tf2 competitive gameplay that are there to learn, pickup2 for players with comp experience that just wna get wormed up before a league match or improve their aim, so the tactic is not an issue there and pickup3/invite logically for players in top divs, players who know the tactics and are happy with their skill lvl, just wna have some fun out of their usual rosters and maybe warm up. Pickup2 became bad coz of emo ‘higher’ div players when mixed with not so experienced ones, so imo separating them in that way would help.

Yeah, need some way to separate the entry-level (newbie) channel from the main channel. There should be some open (non-invite) channel where players familiar with the basics could play without harsh limitations on what you must do to be allowed to play there.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 17 Next »