Forum

pyro update

Created 18th June 2008 @ 18:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

hmz, However i dont like the pyro class, its not bad to allow these new features. its good to make it more balanced for the pyro

on the other hand, the -40% damagereduction for soldiers is quite shitty in close combat ^^

anyway, allow these pyroguns, dont think that they actually make it to a clanwar. Most of the time a pyro is death meat in the open ^^ and there arent that many maps where a pyro can sneak behind a good communicating team ^^

Vlijm

UbeR |

< agrees with riemu and shitfly, altho im going to try pyros sometimes in pickups/wars

Mumm.lu

Min. 7:52 is too cool. Nice work pischto !!!

glutamate

@dunc, page 2

ROFL

“A pyro with the Backburner could hide, similar to the way scouts do atm, and then annihilate heavy/medic/soldier from behind before they even had a chance to respond. No other class in the game can do that.”

Have you even heard of the spy?

ONlock

YOYO\'

Was thinking the same thing glutamate..

The spy is maybe even more dangerous than the pyro, if you are flanked by a pyro with an uber ready you may be lucky enough to pop it in time, but the spy is INSTANT kill..

So what i mean is, you should not be afraid of the pyro weapons being too powerful, the spy is just as badass. :P

Sooner or later the spy update will come. Wonder what people will say then?

dunc

infs
dp.

ROFL u r so clever lollol

Let me amend my original statement. “There is no class in the game that can do that kind of damage WHILST also being able to play as part of the team”. Pyro with backburner = 335 health whilst being medic’d, which is more than a soldier.

Pyro can work as medic protection or second scout.

A spy.. well, er.. can’t. ROFL!

agron

Relic

agreed with dunc (pyro > spy)

I just hate the pyro now in clan wars :)
so, so so annoying in some maps (blands for example)

carwash

Max^2.

Limit pyro’s to 1? :P

Vlijm

UbeR |

lol @ teams playing with 2 pyros

Mumm.lu

We recently played several games against teams with 2 pyros… this really takes the fun out of the game… after those matches I was for the first time really pissed of TF2 …. :(

I still believe that TF2 should be played without achievements, I think that the game balance was best without those addons :(

Vlijm

UbeR |

ever seen anyone seriously using a pyro before this update? Because i havent. This update was all about making the pyro a playable class in publics and suddenly it seems to work out well in wars. I think valve’s attempt to make the unplayed classes stronger and more effective is something we can only support for it really adds to the diversity ingame. Tho, i still cant see how 2 pyros would be so dangerous because they re still easy to kill if u stay away a bit and dont give them the chance to sneak up on you

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3