Forum

BBall Tourney for Autistic Self Advocacy Network

Created 5th November 2015 @ 23:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Konna

when does this starts in CET?

I was told by Damon yesterday that we would be a given a week to play each match.

Konna

drops

Quoted from Clark

[…]
I was told by Damon yesterday that we would be a given a week to play each match.

ok

Damon Albarn

Quoted from TimTum

Can we have some more information about the time this event is going to happen? Like when the first matches are starting, the second matches etc.

Of course, We will be giving each team one week to finish their match that they have scheduled. As soon as you’re done, be sure to contact the next team in the bracket. Keep in mind, those are deadlines. If there is any confusions, feel free to add me and I’ll sort it out. The reason we are doing it this way is to try out the way the league will be scheduled in the future. Matches will be designated on Sundays and given until the following Sunday to complete. The same will be true for this tournament.

Quoted from damneasy

wtf are these brackets? http://www.bball.tf/tournament-bracket.html

These are the brackets from people who have signed up already. Since we’re just using a makeshift website until the new one is up, we are still running the tournament using the old insufficient Weebly blog page. The new website is coming soon and should be A LOT better! :)

Quoted from Clark

Seeds seem very random, but I could live with that.
Making different brackets for each skill level is a bit silly though with so few teams participating.

Many different skill based divisions has been requested to me more times than I can count. As most of you know, there is a wide skill range for normal bballers and I want everyone to feel welcome and like they have a shot to win and advance in divisions much like normal TF2 competitive leagues.

All in all, Please report the scores to me when you are completed with the match and I will get you set up with the next team to play. Because of the time difference and the lack of an EU admin at the moment, this has seemed like our best option for running the tournament for today. I am looking for as much feedback as possible and hope to make this a success for everyone with as little bumps in the road as possible. Good luck!

Damon Albarn

I’ve heard a request for the official rules of the tournament. I imagined that everyone would use the bball.tf servers that are preconfigured, thanks george <3, but its not necessary.

The Whitelist will block everything but RL, Shotgun and reskins of those. Origninal is OK.
Only rule is no sitting on the hoop. If there is an issue with this, it will be a forfeit win. If you do land on the hoop, no biggie, just move off and no penalty.
Respawns will be 2 seconds like the preconfigured bball.tf | Germany. (May do a 5 second respawn at some point)
Any conflicts can be directed to me.

Thank you and good luck!

NeuTronas

Is it Best of 1?

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from NeuTronas

Is it Best of 1?

yes

Damon Albarn

Gotten a few match results from you all, thank you! Still have several left to play. If you are trying to get in contact with the other team with no success please let me know. I will also resolve any dispute between match times, etc.

Teams yet to play for this week:

bball.hr v. lapio
ubavci v. BBall ButtBuddies
gay v. taRanTuLa
3K ELO v. CLAPTOR BOMB
specialboys v. Space Jam 2

Keep in mind, these matches need to be completed by Sunday.

Teams ready for the next week of matches:

AlphaDog v. Amazing shotgun DM
hrney v. Border patrol
green elephant ninja turtles v. BBalls

Thank you to everyone again and good luck! :)

Last edited by Damon Albarn,

Damon Albarn

I have got in contact with most of the teams. I have found that some people haven’t been attempting to do the matches and have had to forfeit some to move on. Not many, but enough to consider other options for the future. If anyone has any feedback to what would make it more successful in the future, please let me know. Soon, we will have a website where the matches will be displayed and able to report scores. I believe that will take out a bit of the hassle. I have been relaxed about people playing these matches because it is just a trial run but all in all, its moving along. The matches to be played for this week are:

GM
Semifinals: CTAP v. CLAPTOR BOMB

Noble
Round 2: Reverse Holocaust v. taRanTuLa

Novice
Semifinals: Violence Against Children v. bball fags
BBall ButtBuddies v. AlphaDog

Please report scores to me when finished. We’ve had some great matches so far and am looking forward to the ones in the future!

Phnx

Quoted from Damon Albarn

I have got in contact with most of the teams. I have found that some people haven’t been attempting to do the matches and have had to forfeit some to move on. Not many, but enough to consider other options for the future. If anyone has any feedback to what would make it more successful in the future, please let me know. Soon, we will have a website where the matches will be displayed and able to report scores. I believe that will take out a bit of the hassle. I have been relaxed about people playing these matches because it is just a trial run but all in all, its moving along. The matches to be played for this week are:

GM
Semifinals: CTAP v. CLAPTOR BOMB

Noble
Round 2: Reverse Holocaust v. taRanTuLa

Novice
Semifinals: Violence Against Children v. bball fags
BBall ButtBuddies v. AlphaDog

Please report scores to me when finished. We’ve had some great matches so far and am looking forward to the ones in the future!

it’s very not user friendly, in the brackets it would be nice if you can click the team name and it would re-direct you to the team’s profile which will include the player’s profiles.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2