New res - what sens?

Created 15th March 2015 @ 02:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from firej

[…]

What ?
If you mess around with settings the site will also change the value of cm/360 .

With raw input turned on, and mouse accel (aka. enhanced mouse pointer precision) turned off, you should measure the same cm/360 that the site gives you.

ingame settings not settings on the site…

rockie

Quoted from hr

[…]
Why don’t you test it and find out then? You’ll see that I’m right, I’ve played on 1080p and 720p and that is exactly what the game does, I don’t care what other games do or what is supposed to happen. Do the test come back and tell me what happens.

i already said that if i talk, i at least tried once what im talking about, the sens only needs to be changed if you use a resolution with a different ratio, like 800×600 1024×768 1280×800 which are all 4:3

hr

Quoted from rockie

[…]

i already said that if i talk, i at least tried once what im talking about, the sens only needs to be changed if you use a resolution with a different ratio, like 800×600 1024×768 1280×800 which are all 4:3

Well I’ve just tried it and it does seem like you’re correct which is very strange to me as I distinctly remember testing this before and it being like I said before, perhaps I had something strange with an old GPU or something.

rockie

it might be just a feeling, it makes sense, but i can assure you, there’s really no difference in terms of sensitivity

firej

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

ingame settings not settings on the site…

How would that work ? When you have the same ingame settings your cm/360 remain the same, but with different settings they change, but then you also have to change the values on the site. Otherwise you would assume that the site gives the correct cm/360 with your old res, but a wrong cm/360 with the new res.

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Hud elements, including your crosshairs are often smaller relative to the rest of your screen on a higher res. Perhaps you use the crosshair as a reference for muscle memory and as it’s smaller you’re missing?

rockie

just use one of these 2

http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm

http://www.funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html#settings

pretty simple

Phnx

tbh it does feel different switching from 1280×720 to 1920×1080 and from 1920×1080 to 1280×720
don’t know why.

rockie

because of the pixel density and the stretching if you are using it stretched to your screen

Last edited by rockie,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2