and a bonus map to be introduced in a patch:
arena_foundry

Last edited by CHERRY,

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Tuffy

http://imgur.com/9t7Nhm8

Date highlighted is the date the user registered on the forums.

There is a grey bar above each post on Facepunch which shows the time the post was made or was last edited.

san alex

1-Valve is one of the most successful game companies on the planet.
2-They created some of the finest competitive games online.
3-They completely transformed the video game industry and the E-sports in the Last 15 years.
4-They have invested millions in E-sports.
5- Dota and CS Matchmaking works fine.

and yet there is still room for pessimism?

Last edited by san alex,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from san alex

3-They completely transformed the video game industry and the E-sports in the Last 15 years.

and yet only 1) and 3) applies to tf2

PuzZle

Boys
GG

Quoted from san alex

Well tf2 is not a new game, and it’s already strongly established as a casual fps to the public eye. Making any major changes to grow the competitive scene could easily backfire. This is a risk not needed when they can instead simply continue making cosmetics etc

And don’t act like Valve is perfect. They are still a company and they’ve fucked up too

Last edited by PuzZle,

san alex

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

and yet only 1) and 3) applies to tf2

There is already a competitive mode for TF2 that wasnt made or sponsored by them.
But I’m talking about what they made. In perspective and looking at the other competitive games they made, we can expect the same success for this new comp mode.

I cannot be pessimistic about a company with such a history of success in everything they did.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from san alex

we can expect the same success for this new comp mode.

to believe this is just being naive, in my opinion. The reason csgo and dota are having such success in comp gaming, is because they were designed with this in mind. TF2 was not, and to think that after so many years of being regarded as a casual game it will suddenly blow up and become a respected and serious e-sport, seems like a bit of wishthinking to me. Still think this can help the comp scene grow and survive for longer, but not expecting anything like dota or csgo

Mundi

dogs.tf

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

to believe this is just being naive, in my opinion. The reason csgo and dota are having such success in comp gaming, is because they were designed with this in mind. TF2 was not, and to think that after so many years of being regarded as a casual game it will suddenly blow up and become a respected and serious e-sport, seems like a bit of wishthinking to me. Still think this can help the comp scene grow and survive for longer, but not expecting anything like dota or csgo

csgo was really shit when it came out, it was only recently it got big

san alex

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

What you said is true, I’m being optimistic.
I don’t know what to expect but I got some good indications that what’s to come is good, based on their history success.

But of course in a completely realistic vision, your comment is probably the closest to the future reality.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Mundi

[…]

The game hasn’t improved either. People are easily swayed.

Popcorp

Quoted from Mundi

[…]

It exploded when Operation Bravo aka Skins came out iirc

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

inb4 5v5 arena mod no classlimits you play 15 rounds each side (blu/red) first to 16 caps wins

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from smziii

inb4 5v5 arena mod no classlimits you play 15 rounds each side (blu/red) first to 16 caps wins

If they add the classlimits then it might be even fun.

Collaide

I know i’m talking to myself but I would like to see all gamemodes and all maps in the pool, but only the balanced maps would be played in competitions and that they would balance weapons by testing how well they fare (spelling???) in competitive. :D
(just like cs:go)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »