Forum

Hacking, or new bug allowing snipers to see fully cloaked spies.

Created 22nd July 2014 @ 19:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeW9mlC0SIk&hd=1

See the description for something similar which happened to stabby earlier this month. Both red spies disguised as blu demomen.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

6:06 start

hawku

AYO

looks like sick prediction to me

CHERRY

Soldier wasn’t hacking

stuntz

well you didnt ran out of clock and you werent touched or harmed so theres really no way i can recall that at any point in your path you were visible, but i dont play spy.

Weird as hell or blatant cheat xD

Calling pro spies judgement here plz

.zero

-chess-

spy-cicle bug? Happend to me a few times that my spy-cicle is visible.

Grenja

Quoted from .zero

spy-cicle bug? Happend to me a few times that my spy-cicle is visible.

That’s common; the blizzardy affect of the spycicle is visible even when cloaked. Part of the reason I don’t like using it too much.

This however is different since in the stabby video he is using YER.

Popcorp

Said it multiple times, it’s most likely Graphics card aka Pixel shader failing to render Cloak effect.

AnimaL

Quoted from Popcorp

Said it multiple times, it’s most likely Graphics card aka Pixel shader failing to render Cloak effect.

there is cloak effect when fully cloaked? aka invisble?

Spycy

TC.Express

Pretty sure there’s only a cloak effect to team mates, there’s a fade effect for opponents, but then the spy completely disapears.

MEGAMIDDIE

I’ve known multiple people who got massive FPS drops whenever there was a spy cloaked, so I guess it still passes through render it just renders as nothing.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]there is cloak effect when fully cloaked? aka invisble?

no

spy isn’t rendered when fully cloaked. go on a server with sv_cheats 1 and r_drawothermodels 2 to see for yourself.

firej

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3a3WVJlVU8
obviously spies are visible at some point for whatever reason, why would you still accuse him of hacking i rly dont get it…

Last edited by firej,

Fuxx

REMOVE

If it was obvious why would he bother making a video and thread about it

Why wouldn’t he accuse the sniper of hacking if he hasn’t found any way to replicate the completely unheard of before glitch?

Also can anyone remind me if you can see fully cloaked spies using any console command? AFAIK even the mat_wireframe and other sv_cheats 1 only commands don’t show fully cloaked spies

firej

Quoted from Fuxx

If it was obvious why would he bother making a video and thread about it

thats exactly my question
everyone can see there is a bug where you can see a spy uncloaked, the enemy sniper (whos btw my friend) already told me that he could see the spy completely uncloaked and undisguised looking around on mid, even before he has seen the stream or grandmasters video, he never talked about comms, particles, prediction etc.
b33p also quoted the enemy pyro, who said that he remembers that the sniper asked “pyro dont you see the spy?”. He didnt tell the pyro about the spy because he knows that the pyro wont be able to see him without hacks, he wondered why the pyro wouldnt attack a clearly undisguised spy.
all this combined with the video where you can also see a completely undisguised spy (that vid got recorded in the same month, so propably the bug is new since i have never heared of it before) makes it pretty obvious for me that this sniper just had the same bug and doesnt hack.
btw he plays in etf2l and such a thing never happened, nor did it happen again in that game or anytime when i played with/against him…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »