Forum

Help with Freezing :(

Created 18th April 2009 @ 19:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

SMB

obs.
[KB]

Tried lowering the hardware acceleration for sound in the dx diagnostic applet?

Syr

Didn’t solve my problem

J3

Holy s…
That’s really hot for a laptop cpu, i know is often to see higher temps on laptops since they lack better cooling but those temps are really an issue, you should really check if there is anything wrong w it.
Dunno if that will help with the tf2 issue but will def help your cpu life time.
Btw i will drop some mhz of my [email protected] to see if it gets better, even if heat is not an obvious problem sometimes u get processing errors and that might be a cause for that random stuff.

Ares

-HH²-

Anything above 70 degrees for a cpu i wouldnt want at all, would probably cut the life of the cpu down a fair bit, so i would probably look at clearing out and dust, etc although all this advice is for a desktop aside from the 105 degree which is all the silcon can take, according to intel anyways, i aint gonna try it :P

Also are them temps for core temp if so they are the temperature of the actual cores which are hotter, around 60 – 70 degrees on my cpu.

For a graphics card alot higher temps are fine my gpu runs at 79 load where as my cpu is only 55, some cards run at 100+ fine so should be too much of a problem on your graphics card end, but it all depends on the card, ofc.

Pop the case side off (for desktops) and see if it still does it which can rule out heat problem as it will run cooler.

Although it does sounds like a bug ive seen on the steamforums once although i dont know much more about it.

Oh and the sound restart command is snd_restart fixes soudns related bugs such as really loud ambient on maps such as well

ouch

I had some freezing as well. So how did I fixed it?

run dxdiag and disable directsound.

Directsound was causing those fps-drops. Like I said on another topic, just give it a try. Maybe it solves your problems like it did for me. Cheers.

Waebi

‹Con›

ouch, if you could tell me WHERE on that frigging huge dxdiag i can find it then i’d try it :))

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Ye I just took an average of the Core #0 and Core#01 Temperature readings from Core Temp.

I have turned off various software sound options within Realtek Control Panel as well as this Dolby plugin, which may or may not have helped.

However, with dxdiag there are no toggles or sliders; just reports and info.
Perhaps this is because I am on Vista i.e. DX10?

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

You’re on Vista….

Any chance to try XP?

ouch

I’m using XP.

dxdiag -> Sound1 and Sound2.

Syr

I tried disabling directsound but it didn’t help

Ares

-HH²-

Vista has that thing where it searches for new network connections every minute or so which causes you to freeze on the spot for a second or two then warp to anotehr spot if its ought like that, we had one player liek that butr i dunno how he fixed it

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Yeah that’s Wireless Zero Configuration service, it’s in XP too, but I’ve got that disabled.

Waebi

‹Con›

setting my cl_interp to 1 fixes (almost? dunno. The random stutters are gone tho) all the random lags i get ingame. Thing is though that i dont see the rockets coming to my face anymore, which kinda sux as med and any other class.

Ideas? cmd and updaterate are 66, interp used to be 0.02 :S

Predz

[DA]
[DA]

as a matter of interest, how many of you [with this problem] are using REALTEK onboard sound cards ?

methoD

Be

I had the same fucking problem, its really annoying.
First i played on wireless, and that was the problem. I plugged in my cable and it was gone. A few weeks ago those freezes came back, and my cable wasnt plugged in perfectly and there was loads of dust around. Just remove it and see if your cable’s plugged in good.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »