Created 10th June 2008 @ 18:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

rezOnanceUK

Üb

This came up on GotFrag.

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/350445/

Read and discuss.

Blade

imho this is stupid… and tf2 without uber- not a tf2 :)

Vlijm

UbeR |

Agrees with #2, lets just add vehicles, remove random classes and delete the soldier bazooka for being powerful

popsu

Troopers

Almost as stupid idea as demoman limit 1 :)

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

without uber too many places can just be locked out and you’d see so many no score draws. Can you imagine coming up against 2 demo and 2 engi’s and not having an uber to run in and do something about it?

Right now Uber is the only thing stopping teams from turtling with engi’s.

Jdanzi

Rofl … how can you suggest such a thing

xzr

rather retarded idea indeed

Iller

tGa

Very bad idea.
Without uber, TF2 would become a turtling engy paradise..

If you want to get a felling for what it would be like, join a random public dustbowl server on the attacking team.
Then try to get past those 4 sgs, 3 demomen with stickies everywhere and heavies guarding all possibe attack paths (with no medic helping you with any uber as usual..).

If they removed the engy and demo as well it could possible work, but then the game would be more boring and totally different..

pukz

Yes removing uber would change the game completely and like people have said.. how would you attack a small cp with a well positioned defence.. it would be 0-0 all round..

seems that people just want to change the game because they can’t keep up with the high teams.. how about practise more??

how about we could have hidden uber boxes hidden in palm tree’s next to the magic shoes and rings then at cp5 we could use these to defeat doctor robotnic?

:P

i can’t believe people suggest this :s

Fiend

wMiC?

No uber would increase the skill level alot better imho

fJack

k^m

I’m going to be an arrogant prick and quote myself ;P

“It’s an interesting question.

The entire game hinges around the Medic and his uber; a lot of tactics and depth the game has evolved stem from that. I’m not sure how the TF2 would play without uber, but I have a feeling there would be more direct conflict and less waiting around. Or perhaps the complete opposite would arise: people would hang back until they’ve made enough kills to push a point and due to the emphasis on defense, gameplay would grind to a halt and stagnate.

So whether or not that is a better, deeper setup for a competitive game remains to be seen. I think so much of TF2 has been built around the concept that even in the sterile 6v6 environment it could be too integral to remove.

I would be interested to see a no-uber league/cup or series of games out of sheer curiosity…”

The question melior posed was mainly related to the use of uber in a competitive context, and I feel the question was more valid than many of you seem to be giving credit for.

No I’m not gonna insist Valve patch out the uber or some such nonsense but I am interested in how the game would play out 6v6 without it.

Especially on maps such as Well with 5 minutes of action and 25 standing around ubering up out/inside points 2/4.

goblin

Remove uber, cl1

Faptastic.

Ed

Mafia
fx.

Remove the uber and you remove the excitement, the scared look on the opposition’s faces when your team has it; the scared look on your teammate’s faces when they have it. The sheer frustration when both teams have it on mid point and you sit down for 5 seconds and have some tea and cake.

Haunter

kritzkrieg ftw

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »