Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

If you have any more questions, get them in now

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

What do you think of having 2 Russians teams in prem? )))))))

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Vaskie

I would had honestly thought that Sunshine would be added to the next season. It’s doing great in ESEA. Check the following teamfortress.tv thread to see how people feel about it.

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/11931/cp-sunshine-5cp/?page=10

Agree, let’s try new things!

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

When has this thread become the thread to discuss maps?

Last edited by MARS^,

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Permzilla

5) On the night of the cup, being in IRC ready to take requests for help and generally overlooking the whole cup (verifying matches, pushing the fixtures through etc)

5 is the big one, the one that is most time consuming and the one of the only things that turns people away from running a cup. The other is not being able to participate in the cup since you’re needed to manage it.

You’re not expected to do all of this by yourself, showing a bit of enthusiasm will often encourage other admins to help out as well.

Or just find someone to create a system on site where team leaders could check-in before the cup starts, and if they don’t – the next team in line gets the spot. Teams could also use that system to upload and verify the results without involving admins.

I understand that sort of thing would be hard and time-consuming to create but the profit of it would be amazing.

Forsak3n

S

Why would you want screenshots uploads for each result when there are logs?

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from Forsak3n

Why would you want screenshots uploads for each result when there are logs?

Logs are confusing (like on PL maps), and can be edited.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Its also very easy to just browse through an image gallery instead of having to click literally dozens of possibly confusing logs.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Is it really easier to look at screenshots and have to work out who all the players are?

Screenshots are as easily faked as logs btw, just get 12 on a server.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Screenshots can be checked against all the other players’ screens from both teams – logs are only produced once and only one team controls them. To rely totally on logs to verify scores is more of a risk, but I agree that integrating them into the site would be a cool addition (but maybe a lot of work).

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Remember when we said people should make more content for turbine, Gentleman Jon reminded me that our boy Kaidus is well on top of the game. Making this video 3 years before this conversation took place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDPkt5u9cqw&index=42&list=PLD098F81F2CA74F00

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Clark

[…]

Or just find someone to create a system on site where team leaders could check-in before the cup starts, and if they don’t – the next team in line gets the spot. Teams could also use that system to upload and verify the results without involving admins.

I understand that sort of thing would be hard and time-consuming to create but the profit of it would be amazing.

That’s still is only 1 job covered of 50 that need to be done on the actual evening. Even then it doesn’t give you an absolute solution, think about things like people not knowing how to do it, people running late…etc etc it happens. You need a person there, implementing such a feature certainly help a little bit from a player point of view but makes no difference to the admin side. Just less admin requests….

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5