Forum

Should viaduct be allowed on TF2Pickup?

Created 2nd March 2014 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

LaMqTa

fenneks

Bump, more opinions please! But so far, people are fine with the map and we might add it this week.

For the perma-sniper, you have report on player, so use it! if you think that the player is ruining ruining the fun/pickup or he is 2much off-classing, simply report him.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

It was added to pickup2 this season with mixed results. Some people really hated it, but I had mostly good games on it. A good sniper can really suck the fun out for all involved :D

Kaneco

I think viable strategies should always be allowed. And running sniper / heavy on viaduct can be a very viable strategy

I also think viaduct is not only a very interesting map but it allows for some more interesting play in a practice environment.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Spike Himself

TC

banning classes because people “abuse” them doesn’t seem like the right approach either way

it’s not the classes you want banned – its the trolls that perma-offclass that you dont want

navitsu

Quoted from Spike Himself

it’s not the classes you want banned – its the trolls that perma-offclass that you dont want

navitsu

http://puu.sh/7ixAQ.jpg

I think all the feedback we got from this ETF2L post and the Steam Community post is enough to add viaduct. Right Lamqta?

See, the problem is that if you have the map in the pool, noone who likes it will go like “oh its awesome because you got viaduct”, only those 5 people who hate it will rage, and you will think that everyone hates it.

Vlijm

UbeR |

If someone offclasses permanently and doesnt switch if people complain just perma-ban them from the site instantly. Same for trolls ,leavers (maybe warn 1x) and abusive people. helps keep your pickups clean. As for viaduct, we use sniper and other offclasses a lot and viaduct is the perfect map for it but it shouldnt be ruining other peoples fun in a pickup.

byte

trust me from experience, it’s not a viable option, it’s been tested in pickup2 and thats with “known” players let alone trolls joining a public tf2 system…

You’ll notice how light classes get over used even more so than if it was on cp_badlands…

Just my two cents

Cheers

Byte

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Quoted from Kuferl

We had it in the map-pool before the re-make.
People were complaining quite a lot as far as i remember so we removed it.
Maybe I’ll make a general mapvote, where everybody can vote for the maps in the mappool or so. Will see when i got time

konr

If you choose to play viaduct you basically choose to deal with offclasses. It should be allowed but a warning should be added for new players that says either that they shouldn’t offclass too much or that it may happen a bit more than usual!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from konr

If you choose to play viaduct you basically choose to deal with offclasses. It should be allowed but a warning should be added for new players that says either that they shouldn’t offclass too much or that it may happen a bit more than usual!

you make it sound as if offclassing is a bad thing
offclassing can be viable on any map – deliberately offclassing when it is not viable is the thing that you want players reported for

konr

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

you make it sound as if offclassing is a bad thing
offclassing can be viable on any map – deliberately offclassing when it is not viable is the thing that you want players reported for

I don’t at all make it sound like that. I’m responding to what people said about offclassing being the reason that it isn’t viable in a pickup map pool because that implies that they’re doing it way more than is normal or at stupid times.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

This is really a non-issue.
Offclassing is allowed in officials, thus it isn’t anything more than normal having the option open in pickups.

Phnx

the problem is viaduct doesn’t have a stable “meta” yet, unlike older maps like badlands and granary, people with small exp know what to do there, but on viaduct there are so many options to rollout, hold, push, and offclass that it might be an issue to be coordinated with your team about what to do.
I don’t think I would enjoy playing viaduct as one of the combo classes.
but that can be just me.

Switch

soL.
T⑨

even though there are plenty of good reasons to add it, many people (including me) would hate to see it in tf2pickup.net

I think it would be better to leave it out than cause trouble by including it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »