Forum

Ultiduo / BBall unlocks and maps - discussion

Created 19th January 2014 @ 11:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

LaMqTa

fenneks

Hello everybody! As long as TF2Pickup.net will support ultiduo and bball, i would like to ask you people about several things.
Firstly, what maps you would like to play? I already have idea for two maps for each mode
koth_ultiduo_r_b7 and ultiduo_baloo for ultiduo
ctf_ballin_sky and ctf_bball_comptf for bball. There are not much difference in the maps, especially in the bball ones but i would like to hear what do you think about them and if you can suggest more/better maps.
Secondly, i would like to ask you what unlocks you want to see. Last cup, the ultiduo unlocks were just:

– Soldier: Disciplinary Action, Original
– Medic: Übersaw, Blutsauger
Both: Reskins of stock weapons (e.g. strange weapons, festive weapons, botkiller weapons, the Frying Pan, Conscientious Objector, … you get the idea)

I think that will be good idea to be added Black Box, Escape plan , Equalizer for Soldier
and for the Medic – Overdose , Crossbow and Amputator
For bball, the last cup used stock items + reskins, so what do you think about adding the Black box and Equalizer ?

Please leave your suggestions below, whatever they are. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
LaMqTa

edit: changed ctf_ballin_comptf to ctf_bball_comptf. Thanks to Kaneco for giving me the latest version of this map! :) <3

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Spycy

TC.Express

Crossbow is great for Ultiduo, it sure would be a good addition.

We only miss the cups now. :(

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

I think all of your ideas -for both maps and unlocks- are great and I’m looking forward to the update!

Leif

For ultiduo: disciplinatory action, crossbow, overdose, ubersaw, gunboats, blutsauger, escape plan
For bball: escaple plan

Last edited by Leif,

quintosh

wL.

keep it as vanilla as it is

Freeman

ha-ha
-9D-

Quoted from quintosh

keep it as vanilla as it is

ondkaja

IKEA

Crossbow is pretty OP in ultiduo, especially after the buff

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from ondkaja

Crossbow is pretty OP in ultiduo, especially after the buff

it makes medic less of a mindless dispenser, which sometimes has the opportunity to do some damage. adds another level of skill and threat to the medic, I think it should be added.

as for the overdose, I foresee more clutch medic surfs and escapes, so why not?

the +3 health regen for the amputator may make it used by medics, but that 25% charge on hit with the ubersaw is pretty tough to be put up against. perhaps the amputator will give a more passive play to some medics?

I’m against the equalizer and escape plan for both modes, the way movement and positioning and works in bball/ultiduo works very well and I think adding the escape plan would ruin this. and I’m not too fond of the equalizer.

Adding the black box to ultiduo will just make those rocket spam fights on top of the bridge that much longer, if you were to put up a RL soldier with 300HP against a BB soldier with 300HP, the RL would definitely win, so I don’t see the reasoning behind using the BB.

The BB in bball could work, interested to see that used.

As for a suggestion for the site, could you make it so two people can enter themselves together as a team, so you can play with a friend, I think it would be much more fun and not just make it like mge.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Black Box in BBall would be superfun.

Droidster

tavi

pain train and kritz makes ultiduo a lot more interesting and fast paced

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Quoted from Alfie

[…]
As for a suggestion for the site, could you make it so two people can enter themselves together as a team, so you can play with a friend, I think it would be much more fun and not just make it like mge.

For 6v6 and HL we got a medic-friend system, which means a medic can pick a friend who will be in the same team.
As for BBall and Ultiduo this is disabled for now atleast. The problem enabling this for those 2 modes is that it could lead to easy stomps?
Anyways, if wanted we can enable it for Ultiduo, but not for BBall I’d say. So maybe also post your opinion on that :D

Leif

Quoted from Droidster

pain train and kritz makes ultiduo a lot more interesting and fast paced

It doesnt. Maybe pain train is ok, but please dont allow kritz if you dont want to ruin ultiduo.

Kaneco

Quoted from Kuferl

[…]

For 6v6 and HL we got a medic-friend system, which means a medic can pick a friend who will be in the same team.
As for BBall and Ultiduo this is disabled for now atleast. The problem enabling this for those 2 modes is that it could lead to easy stomps?
Anyways, if wanted we can enable it for Ultiduo, but not for BBall I’d say. So maybe also post your opinion on that :D

Yeah maybe it shouldn’t be enabled for those 2 modes.

As for the unlocks I liked Lamqta suggestions and loved the map suggestions of course :) <3

Switch

soL.
T⑨

allow the crossbow

the choice between needles and crossbow for a medic isn’t as simple as it seems – needles do insane amounts of damage* if you aim them correctly, and a crossbow, while being good at long range, can leave you in a pickle if you have to defend yourself in close quaters. I think it would add something to the game mode.

EDIT: damage not dps*

Last edited by Switch,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

If you’re actually good at ultiduo you’ll use disciplinary action, shotgun and RL/original for soldier; and ubersaw, medigun and crossbow for medic. Even if you add all of those unlocks you won’t change the meta because every other choice (maaaybe amputator excluded) is a straight downgrade when used with ultiduo.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »