Forum

Comp.tf - Play of the Day

Created 4th January 2014 @ 01:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Kaneco

Most of you might be familiar with my comp.tf project, well, I want to get more out of it, reach more people, produce more content, share all the tf2 love. And this is one way I remembered to do it.

After a couple of weeks of messing around and talking to some friends (Huge thanks to ducky for all the tips, and huhy as well) I have reached something I am somewhat satisfied with and its what I’ll be working with for now.

I have made a template for our new “series” called Play of the day for the Comp.tf official youtube channel, I know it’s a very generic name but its the best I could get without straight copying other tf2 video series.

The clips are gonna look something like the clip below, bear with me the frag nor the synching is the best but it was mainly to test how the intro and the player bars would incorporate in the clip. Also, the name is not supposed to be taken in the literal sense, it’s gonna be called play of the day but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna be uploading everyday. At most I will probably be making 2-3 clips a week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvRDgWfAw3E
this one is on my personal youtube channel, not the comp.tf one, as it was just for testing purposes.

You should submit your demos through submit.comp.tf, and take a chance at being the 1st clip of what might become a regular tf2 series, or at least thats what I hope.

The aim of this is to produce more content and promote our youtube channel and our site through it, but also to practice my editing abilities, this clip above was one of my very first recording experiences with tf2 and I haven’t touched any video editing tool in 5+ years so it should be interesting to learn all the new stuff.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Opti

REMOVE

Place*

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

I really like all your projects, I will contribute for sure if I get anything good

Kaneco

Quoted from Opti

Place*

What you mean? I proofread the entire thing and couldn’t find whats wrong :D

Quoted from Scissors

I really like all your projects, I will contribute for sure if I get anything good

thanks <3

jx53

Don’t think there will be too many submissions since top ten plays and nislt’s frag clip of the day.

Either way, good luck! I’ll try to see if I have anything to submit.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Will be submitting all my frags here, as it’ll be supporting comp.tf. Good luck!

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

At the end of Kanecos tf2 carreer, he should get a lifetime achievement award.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

submitted a clip!

may I suggest asking people to change the name of their demos to a format? I know sin does that, it would be something like “nickname_country_map_description_tick”.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Alfie

submitted a clip!

may I suggest asking people to change the name of their demos to a format? I know sin does that, it would be something like “nickname_country_map_description_tick”.

I do that anyway, out of habit, and I think many others do too.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from jx53

Don’t think there will be too many submissions since top ten plays and nislt’s frag clip of the day.

Sin and Top ten plays both are pretty uninspired though

Last edited by smziii,

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from jx53

submit to all 3!

LaMqTa

fenneks

Submitted a demo…lets see… ;)

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Kaneco

Quoted from jx53

Top ten is not very regular and it’s monthly, MoGs are very scarce nowadays, the only real competitiion is Slin ecksdee which has been a really regular series, but I think there’s still room for us. Thanks :)

Quoted from Alfie

submitted a clip!

noted, will change that in the future.

Quoted from kronis

At the end of Kanecos tf2 carreer, he should get a lifetime achievement award.

Quoted from Cuttlefish

Will be submitting all my frags here, as it’ll be supporting comp.tf. Good luck!

<3<3

Kaneco

after demos have been fixed (yay no more ghost stickies) I was finally able to produce the first video of this series, this one was a pain to smooth because I had to use another player pov demo and sticky trajectory was quite tricky.

Hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5m_8yi9_9g

Feedback is appreciated

Last edited by Kaneco,

Kaneco

need more demos :)

Submit at http://submit.comp.tf/

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »