Forum

that's ok

Created 29th October 2013 @ 22:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

byte

Quoted from toogyboogy

Byte, if you switch weapon the second you shoot the arrow you can quickly switch back and fire another one. whatever cole did still works. its a reload bug, however if you use it like intended it wont do that.

edit: I can only do it with 2 arrows as it requires some precice timing, Maybe someone will be able to make a script for this

edit: further experimenting lets me shoot all the arrows like that; STILL WORKS

Thanks for confirming dude, will check it out tonight ! Can someone then check to see if that “same” timing is possible with flare to see if its global or just with the bow? :p

Cheers

Byte

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from byte

all be it

I am seething

Quoted from byte

Thanks for confirming dude, will check it out tonight ! Can someone then check to see if that “same” timing is possible with flare to see if its global or just with the bow? :p

Just tested it: Only works for the bow.

I guess this bug is banned to use in etf2l?

Marf

Strejk

I’m almost certain it’s because the crossbow still has a “loaded ammo”-count. Flares have a single ammo pool and shoot with a fixed firing frequency (They do not “reload” in any way). Crossbows just instantaneously reload after holstering and keep their old firing frequency, which is propably no delay at all since the crossbow never needed any.

Last edited by Marf,

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

i dont think you should ban it..its not a bug though
just having fun with the xbow,it can give you an advantage aswell as a disadvantage

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

It counts as a bug and bug abuse falls under rule 6.1: http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rules/#6

Considering how easy it is to detect abuse in this case, I don’t think we’re going to ban the Crossbow for it.

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

Quoted from emb

It counts as a bug and bug abuse falls under rule 6.1: http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rules/#6

Considering how easy it is to detect abuse in this case, I don’t think we’re going to ban the Crossbow for it.

what if valve wont fix it? because people can like “fake” it or something

Last edited by Zangetsu,

damneasy

But sometimes you use the bug by accident. Example, you shoot an arrow to your teammate to heal him, switch to medi gun, he dies, you switch back to crossbow to try to kill the enemy, there you use the bug by accident

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from damneasy

But sometimes you use the bug by accident. Example, you shoot an arrow to your teammate to heal him, switch to medi gun, he dies, you switch back to crossbow to try to kill the enemy, there you use the bug by accident

Gotta agree with this here. It’s silly, time consuming and extraordinarily petty to scrutinize demos over a non game changing bug like this which can be done by accident. Either you ban the unlock or you allow the bug to be used as an exception to the rules.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from damneasy

If you used it once by accident, your opponents wouldn’t even notice. One extra arrow fired ahead of the cooldown is not enough to make an impact in most cases.

If the “accidents” just keep happening and result in you releasing a torrent of arrows at convenient times, then you’ll be hard pressed to convince anyone they were accidents.

AnimaL

you do realise you could simply heal teammates at random times without anyone noticing?

allowing bugged items is horrible

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

if its not a bug, valve is stupid.
and im pretty sure they already fixed this because last night i tried doing it and it didnt really fire any faster (or at least not extremely faster).

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

still works, doing it right now

KLar

okie

Updated the Crusader’s Crossbow
Fixed an exploit related to switching weapons
Reduced damage from 75 to 50
Lower reload time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds

lel

Zangetsu