ESEA in Europe

Created 13th August 2013 @ 00:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Johnny

[…]

Maybe he cant afford to pay a full team but only half a team?

Please tell me your name comes from the Talking Heads…?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Enef

[…]

How can you help? Out of interest more than anything

Money but I’m only willing to put money into a team that’s willing to fund themselves as well partly, more chance of them sticking around in ESEA afterwards too that way.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Money but I’m only willing to put money into a team that’s willing to fund themselves as well partly, more chance of them sticking around in ESEA afterwards too that way.

Nice work sideshow, you make me proud :3 well done!

Johnny

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Please tell me your name comes from the Talking Heads…?

Yes it is^^ I was looking for a name while listening to music and then this one comes up!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Hildreth > Sideshow

Spike Himself

TC

Excuse my ignorance, but can anyone please explain to me why people are willing to pay 22 euros (dollars? idunno) per player to play in ESEA, but not 5 euros per player to play in ESA?

Sure, ESEA is an “established organisation” (in NA!), but does that really make up for the giant difference in costs?

Also sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. Too many words, too little time :(

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Because of that chatlog with Sideshow and the dude who’s behind ESA.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Koeitje

The one where Sideshow said, no company can be 2 mio. in the red and still be in business? He probably never heard of the ESL :D

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Koeitje

All that came out of that was Didge being a dick to sideshow for the mere purpose of returning the favour (no offense, just trying to interpret the chatlog). Just because Didge doesn’t want to share his business plan with the public, it doesn’t mean his business is terrible.
I’ll agree that in many ways he could and/or should have acted differently but the service is still there regardless, and it’s not a bad one (as proven by how everyone is super keen to play for ESEA).

So my question remains unanswered as of yet :(

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Maybe because ESEA provides a league, and ESA cups only so far?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

ESEA has 15 season history people can look at (for tf2 alone, never mind other games) I think is the main reason people are willing to pay any money at all to them, for the difference in cost I guess it’s a league vs a cup, ESA offers one nights cups for cheaper and ESEA offers a league for more (also match servers and match client)

Unless I’m mistaken I think all of the benefits of ESEA are what causes people to play there, idk if it justifies the difference in price, the reason I’m not playing in ESEA is because I can’t justify trying to persuade a new team to pay money for each person to play in a league when the team isn’t even finished being built yet, :)

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

All that came out of that was Didge being a dick to sideshow for the mere purpose of returning the favour (no offense, just trying to interpret the chatlog). Just because Didge doesn’t want to share his business plan with the public, it doesn’t mean his business is terrible.
I’ll agree that in many ways he could and/or should have acted differently but the service is still there regardless, and it’s not a bad one (as proven by how everyone is super keen to play for ESEA).

So my question remains unanswered as of yet :(

maybe caus you can actually WIN from esea?

Kaneco

Quoted from Spike Himself

Excuse my ignorance, but can anyone please explain to me why people are willing to pay 22 euros (dollars? idunno) per player to play in ESEA, but not 5 euros per player to play in ESA?

Sure, ESEA is an “established organisation” (in NA!), but does that really make up for the giant difference in costs?

Also sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. Too many words, too little time :(

Speaking of which, what has happened to ESA cups? Are they reconsidering their plans or what?

I am also available to play there. I just don’t have a team atm, so that’s pretty meh…

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Speaking of which, what has happened to ESA cups? Are they reconsidering their plans or what?

I am also available to play there. I just don’t have a team atm, so that’s pretty meh…

Reevaluating. The used model was clearly not accepted and the signups did not justify the prize pool (~3 signups per week).

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Kuferl

Maybe because ESEA provides a league, and ESA cups only so far?

That may actually be a good point.. Cups have never been incredibly popular, even here on ETF2L.

Quoted from rytis

[…]
maybe caus you can actually WIN from esea?

Had teams showed more interest, the same would apply to ESA.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 Next »