Forum

Message to new teams, or new players.

Created 9th July 2013 @ 15:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Ryushi

I had a good rant at my hl team last night and I really am quite proud of it.
I think its a good lesson to learn if you are a new players.

http://www.twitch.tv/ddav1dd/b/427626783 at 56:40

dont bother watching the rest of the match its pretty shit.

But the rant contains an important lesson that I feel everyone should know. Maybe I didnt say it as well as I could have. Maybe it didnt need to be said but i feel everyone should learn this.

For reference me and a friend who have a lot of highlander experience are teaching some members of our old pub community how to play highlander and this was the teams first complete destruction.

14:31 – metal: The instant you start complaining
14:31 – metal: You’ve already lost

Last edited by Lyrete,

Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

Yes I’m in the other team.

Sorry Ryushi, is a good message.

Last edited by Lyrete,

Meeto

I think so many teams are victim to this mentality; where they believe they are the best and that they should have won, making excuses rather than just admitting the other team is better and moving on. And from what I’ve seen, this is especially abundant in newly formed teams, or players new to competitive.

N-Nice lesson Ryushi-sama~

Last edited by Meeto,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

brutal

MEGAMIDDIE

excuses for losing were a running thing in pretty much every team I was ever in

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Meeto

I think so many teams are victim to this mentality; where they believe they are the best and that they should have won, making excuses rather than just admitting the other team is better and moving on. And from what I’ve seen, this is especially abundant in newly formed teams, or players new to competitive.

Haven’t been able to watch the video yet (I’m at work), but having players that complain isn’t necessarily a bad thing (depending on what it is that they complain about!).

A true competitive player will always strive to be better, and will always find mistakes in his play. That is what the true competitive spirit is. They may get angry over little details that you don’t think matter, but to them it does matter. In fact, to them it’s massively important. Any tiny mistake, no matter how irrelevant others deem it, is something you need to do better next time. That’s the only way you can become the best.

I don’t suppose this is the scenario in the video but I thought I’d throw it out there anyway.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

excuses for losing were a running thing in pretty much every team I was ever in

If that always happens…. perhaps it’s you?

Actually, going by your trial for my old team quite a while ago, I can state that as fact :p

FIR

SnG

That is a whole boatload of truthbombs right there. Very valuable advice, highly agree.

Which is probably what made me rage less and go “¯_(ツ)_/¯” and giggle everytime I die a horrible death against a superior team when there’s nothing you can do :D

Also +1 for quoting “y u heff to be mad” ahahah

Carlos Kaiser

One thing i can say is that teams with carry players (especially at lower levels) won’t go far, the better players, or those who think they are better are the ones that create bad atmosphere and get mad at their teammates because they don’t meet their expectations, the rant that you read combined with running around with the ubersaw out made the atmosphere in the mumble simply worse, not better, i realize however that you wanted to calm everyone down, but an official wasn’t the time to do that.

Meeto

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Haven’t been able to watch the video yet (I’m at work), but having players that complain isn’t necessarily a bad thing (depending on what it is that they complain about!).

A true competitive player will always strive to be better, and will always find mistakes in his play. That is what the true competitive spirit is. They may get angry over little details that you don’t think matter, but to them it does matter. In fact, to them it’s massively important. Any tiny mistake, no matter how irrelevant others deem it, is something you need to do better next time. That’s the only way you can become the best.

I don’t suppose this is the scenario in the video but I thought I’d throw it out there anyway.

Yeah, in the video, the person Ryu was ripping on was blaming everything on his ping and the other team having carries etc.
Complaining isn’t a bad thing, as long as the complaints are legitimate and you are admitting to mistakes you yourself make.

Ryushi

yeah I admit at this point we were not going to come back the negative attitude in mumble was pissing me off and meant we weren’t going to pull ourselves together.
so I got bored and was running around looking for kills getting more and more pissed off with the team. I also stopped maincalling and was just getting more and more annoyed. hence why i did the rant at that point.
if i had waited i wouldn’t have been as annoyed and wouldn’t have sounded as serious.
yeah the official wasnt the best place but it was the right time.

Ryushi

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Yeah, in the video, the person Ryu was ripping on was blaming everything on his ping and the other team having carries etc.
Complaining isn’t a bad thing, as long as the complaints are legitimate and you are admitting to mistakes you yourself make.

i’m not ripping on any one person i am trying to rant at the entire team.

atmo

excellent monologue Martin Freeman

kindred

myx
SDCK!

can this soldier please fix his interp

it hurts to watch

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from kindred

can this soldier please fix his interp

it hurts to watch

Actually it hurts to watch because he never jumps.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »