Forum

IGL Opens Highlander Ladder

Created 31st May 2013 @ 11:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

http://teamfortress.tv/articles/view/124-igl-opens-highlander-ladder

I thought it was worth making a thread here incase anyone hasn’t seen it, as they are looking for at least 25 European teams to sign up in order to make an EU ladder.

Edit: I’ve just seen the thread on the General TF2 forum but it’s been lost in obscurity. Lock this topic if need be.

quell

UbeR |

shame u can only add 10 people to the roster

irfx

EPA

inb4 nobody will play it

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from irfx

inb4 nobody will play it

tshirts

kindred

myx
SDCK!

why not play it? considering wireplay has started offering cash prizes as incentives to stop everyone pissing around, it could be an opportunity for people to offclass/join other teams and have fun.

and that’s not excluding everyone who wants to try properly with their usual teams, anyway – the only limiting factor is time, and for the teams who already play more than twice a week an extra game every now and then shouldn’t be an issue.

glad more people are picking up highlander as a gamemode, it can only be good for the scene!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I love new leagues picking up TF2 but the idea of a Ladder isn’t going to incite too many great teams to play and in general only a handful are likely to participate. A ladder doesn’t carry the same sort of hype as a League or a Cup would, it’d be nice to see IGL run a cup competition and put up prizes.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I’m trying to get them to talk about how easy it will be to arrange games and play on their servers, get logs and stvs etc, so that teams eventually see no advantage to finding opponents on irc, and then I’d promote the hell out of them so I had somewhere to play for the next year. But no reply yet. In fact they’re totally silent about Europe since that 25 teams comment.

Skyride

DUCS

They’re seeing how things go in North America first. It only makes sense really.

IGLAbsolute

Edit – i messed up all my quotes..

I’ll reply again later.

IGLAbsolute

HI All,

Absolute here from IGL. First off, apologies to ETF2L for sticking my nose in here…

Quoted from irfx

inb4 nobody will play it

200+ teams registered… ~15 with complete rosters, and 50+ nearly complete.

over 200 new sign-ups a day, average 25 active users on the site at any given time.

We’d love to add support for the EU TF2 scene.

Quoted from Hildreth

I love new leagues picking up TF2 but the idea of a Ladder isn’t going to incite too many great teams to play and in general only a handful are likely to participate. A ladder doesn’t carry the same sort of hype as a League or a Cup would, it’d be nice to see IGL run a cup competition and put up prizes.

IGL will be hosting cups & leagues in the very near future! Ladders are great for seeing who is actively the best team. There a great article http://www.vanillatf2.org/2013/05/igl-opens-tf2-highlander-ladder with some more info about IGL, ladder ranking & match scheduling

Quoted from fraac

I’m trying to get them to talk about how easy it will be to arrange games and play on their servers, get logs and stvs etc, so that teams eventually see no advantage to finding opponents on irc, and then I’d promote the hell out of them so I had somewhere to play for the next year. But no reply yet. In fact they’re totally silent about Europe since that 25 teams comment.

Hey fraac,

Sorry for the delay in replies. We’ve been super busy prepping for our NA release. Reach me instantly on Skype, Steam or Twitter, all using IGLAbsolute. Lets get in touch!

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I emailed you, in reply to your “how can we help you?” email. Take your time replying, I get that you’re busy. I would suggest that Europeans might be swayed more by technical details than hype/prizes.

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Quoted from fraac

I would suggest that Europeans might be swayed more by technical details than hype/prizes.

If only anti-cheat wasn’t so expensive

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Need to add login with steam and refer friends by steam rather than email before I can recommend it.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Moved to “General TF2” since it has nothing to do with ETF2L.

Good luck to IGL, sounds like a good opportunity for the TF2 scene :)

Oxy

TC.Express

Tbh teams have enough options (ETF2L, wireplay, UGC) for highlander already. I lead one of the more serious teams and we found playing ETF2L + UGC was enough.

I think the best thing that could be done with the ladder for IGL is make it a easy way to get scrims but with a 10 players limit its not going to be possible. It’s also worth noting that there is a reason ETF2L stopped with ladders and its the largest euro league with the biggest playerbase. There is a massive difference between teams signing up and them actually playing their games.

Doubt we will sign up but I wish you luck regardless.

Last edited by Oxy,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »