Forum

Interp 'exploit'?

Created 28th May 2013 @ 13:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

quintosh

wL.

can the people complaining about it explain why they need different interp on different classes?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Mostly because they once hit a meatshot 8) with cl_interp 0.0385718 and realized that its a magical interp that makes them good@games.

atmo

Quoted from fraac

I assume it’s already an etf2l rule that you can’t go to spec and rejoin. It certainly should be.

http://etf2l.org/2013/06/03/season-15-reminders-clarification-regarding-the-reconnect-exploit/ a couple of days ago actually

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from atmo

[…]

http://etf2l.org/2013/06/03/season-15-reminders-clarification-regarding-the-reconnect-exploit/ a couple of days ago actually

That’s about reconnecting.

Regardless though – if you are in spec, you can see what the opposing team is doing. I think common sense dictates here that that’s not a good idea.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Will this affect cl_interp_ratio as well?

Last edited by Andee,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

That’s about reconnecting.

Regardless though – if you are in spec, you can see what the opposing team is doing. I think common sense dictates here that that’s not a good idea.

Plus that rule already exists, in a sense.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Andee

Will this affect cl_interp_ratio as well?

In before! :D

Forsak3n

S

my cfgs are fucked :(

Freddy

I don’t think it could have been possible to find a more braindeadly retarded fix for that interp sniper exploit. This punishes many players who use different interps for different classes – players who have never abused that exploit and probably never intended to either. Just wow.

It also punishes players who end up on a shit (e.g. Russian) server and want to change their interp so the hitreg isn’t completely crap.

And for the people saying “HUUR DURR JUZ LRN2PLAY WIT SAEM INTRP SETING FOR AL CWASSES XDDDDDDD”, please shut up. Some of us actually DO notice the difference between different interps, mainly with projectiles vs hitscan.

Valve better do something about this VERY fast. This was a brutal and dumb decision, and there HAS to be a better way to fix that exploit.

Last edited by Freddy,

CapTVK

HoT<3

It could have been worse. They could have chosen the route when the ingame/steam item trading dupe went public. Their solution*? Disable the entire ingame TF2 trading system (which by that point was functioning quite well) and only allow trading via steamtrade (not as reliable but it has improved since then).

So Valve has chosen the easy route. But at least you can still twiddle with the settings before a match starts.

Other option : mail your concerns about this fix to Valve.

* which must also rank as one the fastest bug fix Valve ever put out

Last edited by CapTVK,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Freddy

Valve better do something about this VERY fast. This was a brutal and dumb decision, and there HAS to be a better way to fix that exploit.

Good luck!

Freddy

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Good luck!

wat

Quoted from CapTVK

It could have been worse. They could have chosen the route when the ingame/steam item trading dupe went public. Their solution*? Disable the entire ingame TF2 trading system (which by that point was functioning quite well) and only allow trading via steamtrade (not as reliable but it has improved since then).

So Valve has chosen the easy route. But at least you can still twiddle with the settings before a match starts.

Other option : mail your concerns about this fix to Valve.

* which must also rank as one the fastest bug fix Valve ever put out

That equals to disabling sniper lol. I would actually want to see them do that temporarily, just to see all the delicious rage.

Last edited by Freddy,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Freddy

wat

It’s not gonna happen. Newcomers have to stop being delusional about Valve caring.

Freddy

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
It’s not gonna happen. Newcomers have to stop being delusional about Valve caring.

I never implied that they care. I know very well that they don’t give a shit and the chance of them doing something about it is pretty low, which their behavior clearly shows. But at least it’s worth a try.

To everybody who are unsatisfied: Email them. Now.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Freddy

[…]

wat

[…]

That equals to disabling sniper lol. I would actually want to see them do that temporarily, just to see all the delicious rage.

I dunno what you are so concerned about this fix. If you use cl_interp 0 and cl_interp_ratio 1, you should be fine on 80% of the servers. Unless you play alot on exotic public servers, where you wanna tweak your ratio a bit to fix lerp issues.

Last edited by Andee,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »