Forum

A Guide to FOV in TF2

Created 22nd May 2013 @ 16:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Oxy

TC.Express

Why is it every thread I’ve read on ETF2L over the last three months deters to openplugin or FOV or some shit.

Get over it and play the fucking game your suppose to enjoy. Jesus, the best threads on here at the moment are the fucking ones about kitchens.

Kerch

Quoted from Demetrius

in your formula “atan” means “arctg()”, “(italic)atan” means “a*tg()”, use another char maybe?

Thanks. Changed to non-italic arctan. I think that’s better.

Blue.Eagle

Quoted from Casual

[…]

It is obvious that Valve is manipulating the human psyche for their own ends (getting people to pay up for something they’d never otherwise do). They’re not even trying to be subtle about it. The whole crate & key thing is a skinner box.

Then Christmas comes around. Valve: Hey have a special crates that can only be opened by this special key! Hey we’re being generous and give everyone a free key! (what happens is that they’re trying to get people hooked with very rare rewards, getting them to pay for more keys). THAT is Valve’s idea of Christmas?!!! With the robo crates they’re not even giving free keys, they know their playerbase is already addicted.

Yeah that falls under the definition of scamming to me.

This is just flat out hilarious. I’m not even kidding, it’s comedy gold

Crafz

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

You just stated that you have spent nothing on tf2 items so you are already wrong about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing

So it’s totally Ok to pirate games. Because in the end, i repay them with spreading the good word. Right?

Blue.Eagle

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
So it’s totally Ok to pirate games. Because in the end, i repay them with spreading the good word. Right?

And it continues to get funnier

Crafz

Quoted from Blue.Eagle

[…]

And it continues to get funnier

:3

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

You just stated that you have spent nothing on tf2 items so you are already wrong about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing

First, stop using anecdotes as proof for anything. My own personal choices have nothing to do with this. I’m talking in general about the playerbase.

Second, I do not consider all types of ‘marketing’ morally correct. You know what’s a very effective marketing strategy? Market towards children. Interrupt tv programmes directed at children with advertisement targetted at them (not so hard, children are easy to manipulate). This will/may cause the children to whine at their parents for a certain breakfast cereal / toy. Because the parents are tired of their child’s whining they go buy what they want.

There’s a reason advertisements are restricted on tv aimed at children.

We don’t apply this to grown ups because we assume that grown ups can make their own decisions and realize when they’re being milked. (when the reality is that we fall for it just as easily).

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Crafz

[…]

Actually, yes, in a way.

It’s not cheap (or possible!) for companies to properly stop pirating, so most don’t bother. And yes, word of mouth does compensate a bit. It’s basically free advertising for them.

Especially in this day and age where almost everything happens online – pirating a game often stops you from being able to participate in online or multiplayer functionality. And then there’s of course the in-game purchasing that everyone loves.

At the end of the day, running a business is about making profit. The ‘how’ isn’t so relevant.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Casual

morally correct

You saw it folks. Casual used the words “morally correct”.

I actually did a little smirk.

(sorry for not replying to the rest of your post – but I would just end up repeating myself anyway)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Kerch

I think Casual has a point. Although I wouldn’t call it scamming, the key system in TF2 is surely a form of gambling with all the same risks as ‘real’ gambling, but do Valve have to obey gambling laws? For example, I think some countries require bookmakers to have a self-exclusion scheme where people can ban themselves from using them.

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Casual can’t trust the system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ&t=1m24s

Blue.Eagle

Quoted from Kerch

I think Casual has a point. Although I wouldn’t call it scamming, the key system in TF2 is surely a form of gambling with all the same risks as ‘real’ gambling, but do Valve have to obey gambling laws? For example, I think some countries require bookmakers to have a self-exclusion scheme where people can ban themselves from using them.

I’m glad they didn’t think of this with Pokemon cards when I was 13, I wouldn’t have been able to buy them, being underage and all :(

beach

[DA]
[DA]

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs46/i/2009/191/d/3/The_Stupid__It_Burns_by_Plognark.png

hmtro

FOV Topic, talking about valve bank account and marketing
lol

@Kerch Nice read :)

Cuttlefish

6v6

DFS sale, anyone?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »