Forum

A Guide to FOV in TF2

Created 22nd May 2013 @ 16:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Although discussion is the sole purpose of this forum, we like to keep things in one thread. If you wish to continue to discuss Valve’s business plan on TF2’s micronomy, I’d suggest you make a new thread about it.

Please don’t stray too much off topic or throw insults around, or we’ll get the time-out whip out and whack it around.

Sketch

MM

lol. watched vod just now. Darn has issues

konr

Quoted from kKaltUu

Although discussion is the sole purpose of this forum, we like to keep things in one thread. If you wish to continue to discuss Valve’s business plan on TF2’s micronomy, I’d suggest you make a new thread about it.

Please don’t stray too much off topic or throw insults around, or we’ll get the time-out whip out and whack it around.

It’s hilarious because it’s literally always Spike that derails these threads. Silly Spike!

About FOV shit: Get used to using a normal FOV because you aren’t going to always be able to play with your fancy high FOV shit and fucking everything up for your team (diff thread omg) because you’re a big baby that can’t play with your special fov setting is just fucking pathetic.

laerin

-9w-

Well, the guide is explaining about how aspect ratio affects fov, which you can manipulate to always have your fancy high fov shit.

konr

Quoted from laerin

Well, the guide is explaining about how aspect ratio affects fov, which you can manipulate to always have your fancy high fov shit.

And if that changes, like you stated?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I like how people are so up Valve’s arse, they consider people’s preferences completely irrelevant in any discussion regarding FoV or otherwise. Either unempathetic, lacking tolerance or just downright naive, we’re all just a bunch of pricks. Good luck in future.

Serotone

#FreePat

http://i.imgur.com/I7feuG6.gif

I love how people trying to get round Valve’s enforced limits don’t see why it could be bad. As has been stated several times, the FoV increases with crazy resolutions or when using 3 monitors. Obviously, using 3 monitors is a comfortable way for people to play games, despite the fact you wouldn’t be able to focus on either monitor and can only detect movement (and not detail) at that edge of your peripheral vision. So there’s totally no advantage gained by being able to detect movement on a wider scale.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from konr

[…]It’s hilarious because it’s literally always Spike that derails these threads. Silly Spike!

I got a bit carried away. Sorry!

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from foxy_dave

So there’s totally no advantage gained by being able to detect movement on a wider scale.

ermmmm, yeah right.

Also
Quoted from konr

Silly Spike!

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Spike-Lee-silly-hat.jpg

Last edited by Monkeh,

lgl

Quoted from dAGNER

MWAHAHAHA WHERE’S YOUR GOD NOW?!
http://i.imgur.com/KfIUYKk.jpg

well played :D

Trane

Careful guys, if you keep disagreeing like this on the forum, the topic will get locked.

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

ermmmm, yeah right.

Sorry, I missed the sasrcasm tag :(

Last edited by foxy_dave,

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Kerch

I think Casual has a point. Although I wouldn’t call it scamming, the key system in TF2 is surely a form of gambling with all the same risks as ‘real’ gambling, but do Valve have to obey gambling laws? For example, I think some countries require bookmakers to have a self-exclusion scheme where people can ban themselves from using them.

It’s not really gambling because you receive something of equal value for paying: a key.

Monkeh

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

Sorry, I missed the sasrcasm tag :(

Thank god, I’ve had my fill of retards today.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »