Forum

ESEA Client basically a virus.

Created 1st May 2013 @ 07:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Gold has a lot of unusual properties that made it valuable. Its easily malleable. It doesn’t change over time, no oxidation or reactions of any kind. The shine is caused by how light interacts with the heavy gold atoms, can’t remember exactly what, but its something to do with electron energy levels or something I think.

Rareity is of course relevant, something like 3 olympic sized swimming pools full on the entire planet, there is plenty of MUCH rarer elements around, but try making jewellery out of neodymium!

Last edited by Monkeh,

IPZIE

SUAVE

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1dglil/popular_competitive_gaming_league_esea_admins/

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

A TF2 Plugin using a TF2 function for the good of the TF2 community while informing people himself after a short while is completely different from a League client using someone’s PC for a purpose entirely unrelated to what the people have to use the client for and then flatout lying when called out.

It also didn’t waste huge amounts of gpu cycles.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from IPZIE

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1dglil/popular_competitive_gaming_league_esea_admins/

Yes, that is one of the links in the OP.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Monkeh

Gold has a lot of unusual properties that made it valuable. Its easily malleable. It doesn’t change over time, no oxidation or reactions of any kind. The shine is caused by how light interacts with the heavy gold atoms, can’t remember exactly what, but its something to do with electron energy levels or something I think.

Rareity is of course relevant, something like 3 olympic sized swimming pools full on the entire planet, there is plenty of MUCH rarer elements around, but try making jewellery out of neodymium!

Silver is currently worth more than gold if I’m not misinformed!

edit: nvm, misinformed as always!

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

A TF2 Plugin using a TF2 function

lol

Trane

Scandalous.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

I’m pretty sure you can sue them for exceeding authorized access and/or causing any physical damage to your GPU. The latter is an real danger when you apply a 100% load to the GPU for hours without the user’s knowledge or consent.

The sad thing is, they’ll probably get away with it and have it forgotten in a month.

Last edited by emb,

AnAkkk

Quoted from Miek

[…]

lol

There is nothing funny in what he said, you can find the function I was using in the Source SDK (IVEngineServer::ClientCommand), which is available through Steam.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

There is nothing funny in what he said, you can find the function I was using in the Source SDK (IVEngineServer::ClientCommand), which is available through Steam.

And it just worked, no exploit needed at all?

Still a better April Fools than TviQ getting banned

AnAkkk

Quoted from Miek

[…]
And it just worked, no exploit needed at all?

Yes. I guess it was the “way” you could use it that can “created” the exploit, as it wasn’t really intended this way.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Yes. I guess it was the “way” you could use it that can “created” the exploit, as it wasn’t really intended this way.

Yeah, I can’t see anything in the docs recommending that you execute “;” on the client 2048 times to overflow some buffer, so “I guess” it wasn’t intended.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Miek

[…]

Yeah, I can’t see anything in the docs recommending that you execute “;” on the client 2048 times to overflow some buffer, so “I guess” it wasn’t intended.

can you already get over it already?
also,
americans lol

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from emb

I’m pretty sure you can sue them for exceeding authorized access and/or causing any physical damage to your GPU. The latter is an real danger when you apply a 100% load to the GPU for hours without the user’s knowledge or consent.

The sad thing is, they’ll probably get away with it and have it forgotten in a month.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1525/text

Whoever intentionally accesses a protected computer without authorization, or exceeds authorized access to a protected computer, by causing a computer program or code to be copied onto the protected computer, and intentionally uses that program or code in furtherance of another Federal criminal offense shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »