fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from AnimaL

http://keepass.info/

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Guys this was a phisihing hack. the guy sent me a phisihing website that looked like steam community (except for the url) and when I tried to log in it came up with the “you havent logged into this computer, or maybe its just been a while” message and then asked for the code from my email address. At this point, the hacker entered my details into the legit steam community website and got the same message. When I supplied the code to the phishing website it gave the code to him, and let him get into my account. This is the only way I can think of that he could get past steam guard and to be honest its quite smart.

But Im still pissed and I want my unusual back >:(

Last edited by Switch,

AnimaL

Quoted from Switch

Guys this was a phisihing hack. the guy sent me a phisihing website that looked like steam community (except for the url) and when I tried to log in it came up with the “you havent logged into this computer, or maybe its just been a while” message and then asked for the code from my email address. At this point, the hacker entered my details into the legit steam community website and got the same message. When I supplied the code to the phishing website it gave the code to him, and let him get into my account. This is the only way I can think of that he could get past steam guard and to be honest its quite smart.

But Im still pissed and I want my unusual back >:(

that is cool… wondering now why steam doesnt ask for new steam guard code when changing email or password… bcs thats all it would take to stop these kind of attacks

Spike Himself

TC

It’s not a “hack” when you simply give them your login details..

Fallen

TC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack

For anyone wondering.

Ace

Quoted from Spike Himself

Mind hacks!

cribbe

TC

Quoted from ash

Perhaps start using passwords you can fucking remember? Tie them to a story, make them logical to you. TO YOU ONLY.

Also nothing stops you from writing passwords down physically, or at least hints about them, and having a piece of paper stored away somewhere with an assortment of seemingly random words on it.

shhh, no logic now, only dreams

NsX.

Aht

It’s only a game, so get over it! Focus on homework or something since you live in a boarding school. At least you’re not banned for a year and lost ALL your items, so enjoy the game and find a team. Who cares about hats, if you reach a high enough level the competitive servers ban hatz :DDDDDDDDD

Crafz

umpf. Switch got scammed.

Last edited by Crafz,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
umpf. Switch got scammed.

I believe the technical term is ‘phishing’ which is a more specialized form of ‘social engineering’.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Check URL before clicking on community/rep thread links – this type of link’s so common now I’m surprised anyone still falls for it.

Last edited by Cuttlefish,

Crafz

Quoted from Casual

[…]

I believe the technical term is ‘phishing’ which is a more specialized form of ‘social engineering’.

Scammed by a phishing website perhaps?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Cuttlefish

Check URL before clicking on community/rep thread links – this type of link’s so common now I’m surprised anyone still falls for it.

When you were scamming how did you get people?

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from NsX.

It’s only a game, so get over it! Focus on homework or something since you live in a boarding school. At least you’re not banned for a year and lost ALL your items, so enjoy the game and find a team. Who cares about hats, if you reach a high enough level the competitive servers ban hatz :DDDDDDDDD

Well I appreciate the comment nsx (first one that isnt a troll lol) but I made this post so that trial leaders freinds etc. knew why I was online Im not gonna bother about my hat its just it IS worth a lot and my current rig is quite bad so I wanted to get some money fast to upgrade it (the rig). :)

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Oh god no Switch has done 2 stupid things in a week what shall we every do? :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »