Forum

Beginner medic guide!

Created 22nd April 2013 @ 18:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Switch

soL.
T⑨

So after many hours I finally have completed my guide to the beginner 6v6 medic!

This is version 1.1 (some minor edits due to some things that spike himself and monkeh pointed out).

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7VdxtpnaH1zTGhtZHhZd0UyLWs/edit?usp=sharing

Can I please just reiterate now that this guide is for absolute beginners and that of course I am not in the best position to be explaining the class well (with my very limited experience) but I see too many friends get into medic and then give up after a few weeks because its “too hard” or its “too confusing” and Id just like to give beginners a head start so that they are not left in this position. BUT please do give advice critisize etc. because I want to keep updating this guide with knowledge from you guys so that soon it can become something which everyone agrees is helpful and doesnt miss out any information.

tl;dr: please give advice + critisism but remember that I myself am a bit of a noob so I wont know everything that you premdiv medics know.

Last edited by Switch,

basshead

mid

shouldn’t you be doing homework ?

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from basshead

shouldn’t you be doing homework ?

Wow you’re so funny

Ace

Didn’t read all of it, but it looked pretty neat. Good job. :)

Spike Himself

TC

The bit about critheals is incorrect; it’s not healing that resets it (and thus not “not being healed for a long time”), but damage.

If a player hasn’t taken damage for a long time, they will heal faster. It doesn’t make a difference if you heal them in one go or in parts, or with the crossbow first.

Also something that a lot of medics aren’t aware of is your own regen rate; after taking damage you only regen at a rate of 3 hp per second, which then gradually buillds up to 6 per second over the next 10 seconds.

Because the most powerful weapon in
Tf2 is the ubercharge you need to be able to know as a medic when to be
building.

This seems redundant; shouldn’t you always be building? With perhaps the only exception being the last hold where you have such a big disadvantage you won’t have über in time anyway.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from Spike Himself

The bit about critheals is incorrect; it’s not healing that resets it (and thus not “not being healed for a long time”), but damage.

If a player hasn’t taken damage for a long time, they will heal faster. It doesn’t make a difference if you heal them in one go or in parts, or with the crossbow first.

Also something that a lot of medics aren’t aware of is your own regen rate; after taking damage you only regen at a rate of 3 hp per second, which then gradually buillds up to 6 per second over the next 10 seconds.

ok thanks Il update it :)

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

This seems redundant; shouldn’t you always be building? With perhaps the only exception being the last hold where you have such a big disadvantage you won’t have über in time anyway.

Yea that was badly phrased but I was trying to get rid of any notion that when teammates are not directly involved in death-matching its ok to just sit and heal people without somebody building in some way.

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from Ace

Didn’t read all of it, but it looked pretty neat. Good job. :)

NsX.

Aht

lol what? A guide made by a medic who tells you to go top when you’ve got uber advantage and 3 man advantage? kk

Last edited by NsX.,

Crafz

Quoted from NsX.

lol what? A guide made by a medic who tells you to go top when you’ve got uber advantage and 3 man advantage? kk

If the point you are making is legit. How does your post have any validity?

NsX.

Aht

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
If the point you are making is legit. How does your post have any validity?

:D

Spike Himself

TC

Thanks for your useful input NsX. Now please go away :)

My opinion on this: Learning by doing!

Add a link to the pickups and tell the new medic he should inform his team that he’s new in 6v6. Playing with better players is the only option for a medic to get experienced/good/better. Everything else is nice to read but a waste of time… =)

Last edited by Peign slays dragons,

dodgydogman

Panda

Dropbox is shit for making files public, maybe put it on a google drive doc or something, dropbox goes down it seems if even 2 people look at the file TT.

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

My opinion on this: Learning by doing!

Add a link to the pickups and tell the new medic he should inform his team that he’s new in 6v6. Playing with better players is the only option for a medic to get experienced/good/better. Everything else is nice to read but a waste of time… =)

At least he tried. I don’t think, that new medics should play pickups. Rule is div5+, but peign is right – if you want to get better, play against better players.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »