Server Plug-ins

Created 20th April 2013 @ 10:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from ryse

what about an official etf2l plugin based on tftrue? doesn’t esea has something like this for ages?

The long term plan is to get an official server plugin for ETF2L but that is not going to happen any time soon.

ryse

encore

have a chat with anakin and etf2l has one long term plan less to work on.

AnimaL

Ok, first of all, how many prem games have been played on etf2l servers? How many have been played in d1? I don’t understand what kind of argument “etf2l servers don’t have the plugin” is, but even if your are this lazy to install it, I have a feeling it doesn’t even matter? Because nobody good plays in your servers.

Secondly, “we can’t detect plugin usage so we wont ban it” Well this is bullshit. Yes you can detect it, just look at screenshots.. See, nobody cares if someone is hacking when he never gets caught. It’s the hackers that are hacking but dont get banned that bother people.

“Teams may feel cheated if they are up against unfamiliar settings.” Well look above, it’s the same argument just turned over. I personally feel cheated you don’t allow me to legitimately use higher fov, but allow others to do it by dodgy methods. Maybe get a backbone and actually do something. MAKE a rule that 130fov now is the limit, and other settings are “unusual settings”. Level out the playing field, instead of just shifting the problem to even more gray area.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from AnimaL

Yes you can detect it, just look at screenshots..

How exactly would we get screenshots from every player and who is supposed to check them all?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Until Valve give us more features, an etf2l plugin by Anakin looks the best option. Would anyone’s egos prevent that?

AnimaL

How can you make sure everyone playing in league is not hacking?!

Please read what I wrote about seeing a hacker and not banning him versus not seeing and not caring. I can’t make it clearer, try to understand my point of view.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from AnimaL

How can you make sure everyone playing in league is not hacking?!

Please read what I wrote about seeing a hacker and not banning him versus not seeing and not caring. I can’t make it clearer, try to understand my point of view.

Well, that still does not answer my question how we are supposed to “just look at screenshots”. Where do these screenshots we are supposed to “just look at” come from? Are you sugesting to make screenshot upload mandatory for all players?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from fraac

Until Valve give us more features, an etf2l plugin by Anakin looks the best option. Would anyone’s egos prevent that?

I can not speak for AnAkIn but ETF2L would have certain requirements, e.g. to know the source code to be absolutely sure what “our” plugin does, and considering tftrue is his project and his previous history with ETF2L I would completely understand, if he does not want to meet our terms.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from fraac

An etf2l plugin, yes. By anakin? I hope not.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

CanFo believes it’ll take ages without Anakin and maybe his ego wouldn’t allow it, and you would rather not work with him. So here is our impasse. Can only sign the petition… and wait…

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from AnimaL

Maybe get a backbone and actually do something. MAKE a rule that 130fov now is the limit,

ask this here too

Serious question for once:

Why would anyone want to go up far as retardedtly hig fov as 120-130 range?
And if you play constantly with 120+ fov you are an idiot tbh.

Yes you can see bit more and feel you go bit faster

Where did you get the idea that awesome +120 fov best thing ever othere games have this too! Please name few of these other games

Thank you.

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Quoted from Limp.

Please name few of these other games

inb4 the biggest list of anything you have ever seen

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2