Forum

Survey - What can we add to tf2 -

Created 20th April 2013 @ 05:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from rviens

[…]
I think you need to learn what it means to update your hardware. Running a 250eu GPU and you get 40 fps? Let’s blame valve because you have no idea how to upgrade your shit. Probably playing with a Intel Core Duo [email protected] + a high end gpu, “oh no, I get shit fps.” I have a 7870 and i5 2500@stock and I get 250 in pubs. You have a shitty rig if you manage to pull 40 with a high/mid end gpu.

I think his point was that how can a five year old game run with such a low frame rate.
It’s stupid that you need to buy new hardware for a game which was released in 2007 while the same rig runs the newest games without any problems, including other Source powered games.

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

rviens, I also have i5 2500 k @stock but fps are dropping as hell on publics….for 6v6 its fine, but e.g highlander on cp_process was already too much………. back in June I used highquality cfg but now I have like 35 fps on 6v6 with this…. there was one update that broke everything (validating steam files and fps)

unu

Quoted from SabaSaba

[…]
I think his point was that how can a five year old game run with such a low frame rate.
It’s stupid that you need to buy new hardware for a game which was released in 2007 while the same rig runs the newest games without any problems, including other Source powered games.

So much this.

KillAri

Just to let you aware, i have send the mail to valve.
Actualy all the team of teamfortress 2 from valve have this mail now.

Just need to wait now.

quartz

Quoted from KillAri

Just need to wait now.

NOICE :D

Forsak3n

S

nothing will happen because the game is made for pub-play only and pubbers are okay when the fps is higher than 30.

AnimaL

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

rviens, I also have i5 2500 k @stock but fps are dropping as hell on publics….for 6v6 its fine, but e.g highlander on cp_process was already too much………. back in June I used highquality cfg but now I have like 35 fps on 6v6 with this…. there was one update that broke everything (validating steam files and fps)

35fps on 2500k? lol

rviens

Quoted from SabaSaba

[…]

Last time I checked this game is being constantly updated, it has new items put into it every month or week. You have to realize it’s not the same game you played 5 years ago. Unusuals, hats, weapons with their own particle effects etc. You can be this ignorant to expect same fps after all these updates. Steam pipe upgraded the fps for many people, if that didn’t fix your shitty fps problems then you should look into your software, because apparently you have a decent ish rish, yet you have 40 fps.

CapTVK

HoT<3

Quoted from KillAri

Just need to wait now.

Did you receive any reply? Or should we take Valve’s (own) HL-type lobby system as their answer?

aura

“steam downloading at 100.2 KB/S STEAM CLIENT UPDATE”

^ when that happens while I am playing tf2 it gives me Australian ping. Still in 2013 they can’t figure out how multiplayer works.

Freddy

Quoted from rviens

[…]

Last time I checked this game is being constantly updated, it has new items put into it every month or week. You have to realize it’s not the same game you played 5 years ago. Unusuals, hats, weapons with their own particle effects etc. You can be this ignorant to expect same fps after all these updates. Steam pipe upgraded the fps for many people, if that didn’t fix your shitty fps problems then you should look into your software, because apparently you have a decent ish rish, yet you have 40 fps.

It’s always hilarious when people who know nothing about computers try giving advice :D
This seems like a classic case of “The game is fine for me, so therefore it must be fine for you! If not, upgrade your toaster!”

Last edited by Freddy,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from CapTVK

[…]

Did you receive any reply? Or should we take Valve’s (own) HL-type lobby system as their answer?

It has been forwarded to the TF2 team. Some of the points from this letter have been mentioned by Sal & eXtine as well, one being an ingame match making system.

CapTVK

HoT<3

So there never was a direct reply to the letter. That’s a bit of a pity.

Last edited by CapTVK,

KillAri

Quoted from CapTVK

So there never was a direct reply to the letter. That’s a bit of a pity.

Yes it is, they responded to the mail. Just we don’t know if they work on it now or not.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11