Forum

FAQ: How to get ready for SteamPipe launch on 30th of April!

Created 18th April 2013 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Oxy

Nice guide.

Also remember people you need enough room on your drive for nearly another whole copy of TF2! Doubt this affects many but I’m trying to find stuff to delete lol.

Could delete TF2 first.

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from kKaltUu

hmm, I’ve switched up to steampipe correctly and got everything to work, except for the hitsounds.

I’m using a quake hitsound and when I start TF2 it works, I get the quake dingaling.

But whenever I join another server, die, switch class or do anything my hitsound will consist of a short burst of static noise.

Any idea how to fix this?

Did you put them in “tfcustomrandomsounduihitsound.wav”? And if you used a vpk for it try not using it, it seems to not work well currently.

wai

TEZC
TEZC

idk if its been mentioned already but i couldnt see it;

am i write in thinking that once ive converted to steampipe and backed up all my basics etc, can i delete the original steam folder? “program files/steam/steamapps/username”

the old username folder with all the old game files in? can i delete that?

again sorry if its been answered <3

Last edited by wai,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from wai

idk if its been mentioned already but i couldnt see it;

am i write in thinking that once ive converted to steampipe and backed up all my basics etc, can i delete the original steam folder? “program files/steam/steamapps/username”

the old username folder with all the old game files in? can i delete that?

again sorry if its been answered <3

Yes, it won’t be used anymore.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Could delete TF2 first.

Yeah I found reinstalling TF2 easier. Just made a backup of everything before reinstalling, so configs, huds and custom maps were easy to reinstall.
And finally I was able to install TF2 to SSD without mkdir or other tricks.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Unreal how fast the game loads now, and it was never an issue for me in the first place. No more 15 min waiting time for games to start? Do i dare dream?

AnimaL

I keep hearing that players have missing textures, hats, etc after going Steampipe. It seems some fairly random files happen to go broken/missing on conversion, so… After you have done with transition to Steampipe I recommend forcing Steam to Verify integrity of game cache. You can find the button in TF2 properties in steam.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I can see into the “void” at same places. If I shoot the missing textures, the game crashes. I will report if verifying the game cache will fix this.

EDIT: Verifying the integrity of the game cache has fixed the crashes and missing textures. Thanks!

Last edited by CanFo,

AnAkkk

An important thing to know is that if your server isn’t started with -sv_pure in the command line, you can’t set sv_pure to 2. I guess you’ll need to ask your GSP to have it added.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Sketch

MM

How have people had this early?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Sketch

How have people had this early?

Go to your TF2 properties in Steam, go to the “Betas” tab and select the Steam Pipe beta

Sketch

MM

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Go to your TF2 properties in Steam, go to the “Betas” tab and select the Steam Pipe beta

Cheers

PurpleShirt

Chris’ highframes config isn’t working correctly, in console it prints that its loaded and what not, but in game I have reduced frame rate and things like mat_specular 0 don’t work. I don’t know if its installed incorrectly or not please help D:

AnimaL

It works just fine if you install it correctly, how to do it is written in first post.

atmo

Even after installing my CFGs, changing to Steampipe seems to have disabled m_rawinput. Took me a while of DMing to get suspicious.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 Next »