Forum

VanillaTV casts Div1 omg!11!!

Created 10th March 2013 @ 03:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

And here we are with another thrilling round of Literacy Test miscarriages!

The English language is in dire straits and if Animal mentions Skyride in another post I’m switching to Mandarin.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Feel free to continue discussing the match or the cast/stream. For any offtopic that seems to be discussed in here, you are welcome to open new threads.

Last edited by CanFo,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

I think the outline is a plus overall. It’s mildly distracting in some situations, but in most it’s actually helping. It’s especially nice during invisible hollow man players :D

konr

Quoted from Skully

[…]

then it spoils the drama. I’d hate to listen to one of my caster buddies not be surprised when someone comes around the corner and drops a medic

The element of surprise for a caster is key

But the point is if the caster has it he can do what he’s supposed to. He’s supposed to cast what’s happening and commentate, not see something happen and be like HOOOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO GOOD I CAN’T BELIEVE I ALMOST MISSED THAT half the time while the other half big plays are completely missed.

Nice one Blue.

Skully

Quoted from konr

[…]But the point is if the caster has it he can do what he’s supposed to. He’s supposed to cast what’s happening and commentate, not see something happen and be like HOOOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO GOOD I CAN’T BELIEVE I ALMOST MISSED THAT half the time while the other half big plays are completely missed.

Nice one Blue.

Thing is, casters are always gonna miss something, even with this hack, we will still miss stuff

Kaneco

Honestly I dont really like blue plugin if it’s on at all times. Should be only turned on in stale situations or on last pushes IMO, so you see how a team is placing themselves, having it on all the time takes surprise and enjoyment of the game for me at least

konr

Quoted from Skully

[…]

Thing is, casters are always gonna miss something, even with this hack, we will still miss stuff

True, but it does help a lot if the watchers can see things coming themselves too, so even if you guys miss it they didn’t. I just think it’s better because it shows more detail, which is the point imo.

byte

Quoted from konr

[…]True, but it does help a lot if the watchers can see things coming themselves too, so even if you guys miss it they didn’t. I just think it’s better because it shows more detail, which is the point imo.

I think the middle ground was as suggested, i.e. we only use it for certain situations, for example when it’s a cooldown period or a stalemate period or a “powerplay” period and so on.

Cheers for the feedback all.

Byte

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

If it’s able to be toggled on and off then that would satisfy everyone, can be used at the casters/cameraman’s discretion.

Isn’t there some way to see stickies through walls as well? Could that be added to the wallhack outline thing? That would be a nice little extra weapon in a casters armory, watching as the medic gets closer and closer and….BOOM!

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Monkeh

Isn’t there some way to see stickies through walls as well? Could that be added to the wallhack outline thing? That would be a nice little extra weapon in a casters armory, watching as the medic gets closer and closer and….BOOM!

That would be awesome! :D

Comedian

As a streamer, i am of the opinion that every tool that allows the viewer to get more information and get a clearer image of the things that are going is of benefit to the scene, to the game and to the cast.
This game is not that viewer friendly, and any little bit helps.

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Comedian

every tool that allows the viewer to get more information and get a clearer image of the things that are going is of benefit to the scene, to the game and to the cast.
This game is not that viewer friendly, and any little bit helps.

This so much

Bluee

It can be toggled already, so that’s more feedback for the streamers, and stickys are being added in next version with a couple other things.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

This wallhack thingie is great! First when I saw CS:GO I so wanted to get this to TF2. CS:GO’s spectator mode also has that great minimap which should also be implemented to TF2.

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

Quoted from Monkeh

If it’s able to be toggled on and off then that would satisfy everyone, can be used at the casters/cameraman’s discretion.

I toogled it on and off the first time I used it but viewers told me they liked it on the whole time, might start toggling it again

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »