Forum

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

Created 16th March 2009 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Best project out there atm tbh. Needs more support :)

daf

yoyotech
Hey dats!

I always help people on Steam Friends when they add me. They seem surprised that im willing to help for some reason :o

Im not sure about this organised mentoring because im really strapped for time atm, but if you want to add me to friends and have a chat, then id be happy to oblige when I can!

Joshua

We have got a website set up for this now:

http://n3clan.co.uk/tf2mentor

The best way to get a mentor sorted is to contact us through the website, and we will get you sorted as soon as possible!

The Postman

Nice work, with the website and a few more mentors, I can really see this taking off!

Slash

Nice work, you should fix the google key words though, if you type tf2 mentor in google the first thing that`s on the list is tf2 project darkstorm simple hack lol

Iller

tGa

Great website. This definetely shows that there are a lot of non-elitists in the higher divisions willing to help out.
Ok, the number of listed mentors are not that long yet (Only Byte and Joshua), but it seems a lot more people than them are doing mentoring already.
I think the rating system might scare off some potential mentors however, but if you want good mentors I see why it is a good idea.

Joshua

Give google a few days postman ;)

It’s also just a folder within my clan’s domain at the moment, so it’s unlikely to get great search engine results unless we bought a domain for the site.

Iller – I don’t think anybody would really be put off by this, since you wouldn’t volunteer to be a mentor in the first place if you were some sort of ogre. This way we can just double check you aren’t an ogre ;)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

[flame-not-welcome]

edited: Byte

Iller

tGa

Haha, that was some really good advice Fragga !
:-)

byte

Aye my thanks go out to nightbox and especially Joshua for the help with the website.

We will be buying a domain soon :-)

Since the website going up from 9pm yesterday we’ve had 7 requests for help. Which is worrying because we need more mentors!!!! :-)

Please visit the website and see if you qualify, you don’t have to be div 1/2 skilled. But yeah we need more mentors so…please speak to me tonight or Joshua or send a application via the website…

Cheers

Byte

The Postman

I said nothing about google, that was the guy below me ;)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I am totally lost for words how an admin could remove that post I made – nice admin abuse.

[Edited: Byte]

Don’t flame and it won’t be removed, pretty simple. 2ndly don’t use my name for your posts when your ending it. Please grow up or find something useful to do.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Fragga i don’t see you idling in #tf2mentor, you said that you are searching for a mentor right ?

Erinome

Awesome project, just needs more people to make it even more epic. :D:D

Iller

tGa

I don’t know if the rating system will really work.
Most people are grateful that the mentors will spend their free time helping a stranger like themselves. And even if the mentoring is not that good they would probably still give 5 stars just out of politeness.

Sure I could agree that all mentors deserve 5 stars for taking their time to help people, but there will be no way of differentiating between mentors if everyone gets 5 stars.
Up to now every mentor has 5 stars and the more people getting this grade the harder it will be for a metored guy to give another grade without feeling rude..

How is the mentoring beeing done by the way ? You sit together in mumble, go to an empty server and discuss ?
Or are the mentors spectating matches and gives comments ?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »