Created 6th December 2012 @ 17:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

wrock

vier

add a link to esea + etf2l in main menu…..profit

hycolours

_ainsley

Quoted from AcidReniX

– Increase the speed of everything in the game by 15% (Classes, weapons, reloads, cap times, uber charge rates, respawn times to compensate… just… everything). Not possible on our end, and valve isn’t going to do it, but thought I’d throw it out there as it would make things look and feel more amazing than they are at the moment.

– Allow all unlocks without exception (Makes the public game more similar to the competitive one (more enjoyable for spectators and easier to get into), and allows for massive build diversity that teams have to react to (just look at the number of variables in League of Legends, and yet how successful the game is). Overpowered unlocks would get noticed more and I’m certain valve would make changes to them if something is literally game breaking, that’s why I say to allow them all.

– Class limit 1 (brings more diversity to the game, more classes get played, highlander is ridiculously popular considering it’s had very little competitive backing. 6vs6 should try to build on this. LoL wouldn’t be the most popular game in the world if it had 6 champions, where you used two of the same champions twice on your team, and had only one set of items you could build using. That’s effectively what our competitive community has shaped TF2 into, and there’s only so many times one can watch the same rollout with the same classes and same weapons, with only slightly variable outcomes in each mid fight, before it gets boring and stale.

Drastic changes are needed to get this game the popularity it deserves, and to be honest, I think it’s too late anyway as the damage has already been done about 2 years ago with all the restrictions in place.

Unlocks are shit and annoying, especially in 6v6.

Highlander is ranked pub, and very boring.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

The funny thing is, TF2 has game modes that pretty much force you to be competitive. The sad thing is, the one that we play, is not one of those.

So a competitive gamemode is one where there wont be a draw if both teams do fuck all?

kaidus

WiK?

You nigs are all on crack.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from hycolours

[…]

And that opinion is a great example of why TF2 will never be a successful eSport title, because it goes against the opinion of the vast majority of people you _need_ to spectate your matches, and provide sponsors with an audience for their messages. You’re also not alone in your opinion, as the majority of the 6v6 competitive community agrees with you.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

So a competitive gamemode is one where there wont be a draw if both teams do fuck all?

Nah, I was just highlighting the motivation that pub players have to ‘accidentally’ play in a similar style to the competitive game.

In CS, everyone wants bigger guns. To get them they need more money. To get more money they plant or defuse bombs, or they kill people (often struggling to do so when they don’t have big guns).

In league of legends, players want to kill people. They need bigger items and so they have to kill minions, turrets and other people (harder to kill people without bigger items so they complete the objectives).

In TF2, players want to kill people, they pretty much have to follow those linear payload maps to get to people to kill, which on a few game modes, does actually complete the objectives (defenders walking towards attackers killing them, is pretty much defending).

5CP doesn’t work quite the same, because a stalemate battlefield often forms, where you have both teams heavily defending each side of the point, and a battle occurs in the middle that satisfies all the public player’s needs (to kill other people). Sometimes they do work out though!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

SOUNDS LIKE A STRATEGY A CERTAIN TEAM EMPLOYED

envy

Quoted from hycolours

You quoted such a long and, at some point, complex post and made such a great input. Let me applaud you.

C

cp_

http://i50.tinypic.com/2z69oj9.jpg :S

atmo

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]In CS, everyone wants bigger guns. To get them they need more money. To get more money they plant or defuse bombs, or they kill people (often struggling to do so when they don’t have big guns).

No way, pistols are the best. pew pew headshot

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from atmo

pew pew headshot

You needed two shots?
Baddie

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

[…]You needed two shots?
Baddie

3, 2 pews and 1 headshot.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

And that opinion is a great example of why TF2 will never be a successful eSport title, because it goes against the opinion of the vast majority of people you _need_ to spectate your matches, and provide sponsors with an audience for their messages. You’re also not alone in your opinion, as the majority of the 6v6 competitive community agrees with you.

More weapons for the sake of more weapons is just silly.

Look at the most popular competitive shooter of all time: Counter-Strike 1.6.

All in all, there were 8 weapons used, ever, for the last, what, 6 years of the game?
USP, Glock, Deagle, AK, Colt, Famas, Galil and AWP (MP5 honourable mention, was pretty much never used over the last half of the game).

In pubs people played with whatever, but in comp they played with the best weapon, that didn’t ruin the game (Riot Shield), which exclusively were these.

The appeal of CS was the fun that people on a low-level had. In CS this came from playing with friends and playing with other people. The fact that CS had, at a low level, a huge “random” proponent in recoil that the new players couldn’t control at all made it so that made it better, not worse, for new players. The fact that they could get lucky and quickly dispatch of a much better opponent or maybe even kill more than one guy in a row was the thrill. I still remember the first time I killed the entire team in a mix, the first time I got a double-kill with the awp, the first time I killed the entire team with a deagle.

It’s about making lasting impressions or fun experiences for the new players. Perhaps TF2 is worse off for unlocks? The lasting impressions made on new players won’t come for skillfully dispatching of 3 enemies in a row with a sniper rifle, getting a double airshot as a soldier with the normal RL or similar. I’d wager that new players rather remember that huntsman-headshot across the map or getting a neat Direct Hit airshot. When this player hears about comp he won’t want to try it because he can’t use the weapons that he’s used to, because he hasn’t realized the superiority of a mostly stock loadout on most classes.

Perhaps unlocks would ease the transition into comp, but I don’t see how allowing stuff like the wrangler, Jarate and stuff would help the game as their purpose is to slow the game down.

Anyway, making a game more “pro” isn’t making the game easier for new players, it’s not about more players, it’s aboure raising the skill-cap. Allowing for more uneven encounters to happen by “chance” is not how you raise the skill-cap (Imagine a Pyro with BB/flare vs Pyro with Degreaser/flare).
I have no clue what I just wrote, I just woke up.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from AnimaL

add more realistic graphics, this cartoon shit is for kids

I think that’s the best about tf2 lol

aura

USP, Glock, Deagle, AK, Colt, Famas, Galil and AWP, MP5

scout rifle was pretty useful too and don’t forget about troll shotgun rushes

Last edited by aura,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »