Forum

My opinion on how the European scene could go forward

Created 27th August 2012 @ 05:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »

Don’t think this is a problem. If you’re shit play lobby, if you’re too good for that play pixel, too good for that play mixes, too good for those play in pu2

The main fault with this argument is why would high skilled players want to play with low skilled players? Should be the other way around.

fawwles

TSUN~

Quoted from lolage

I think your opinion is wrong. Instead of lower skilled people with potential just playing with their lower skilled friends how does the opportunity of playing with higher skilled players not sound like it could help?

uhhhh how dare you suggest noname shitters get to play with the big boys?? they worked their way to the top alone, so everyone else must do the same, its only fair! if you haven’t been playing this game for years already then you obviously dont deserve to even be in the same server as someone in prem

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Chaplain

Don’t think this is a problem. If you’re shit play lobby, if you’re too good for that play pixel, too good for that play mixes, too good for those play in pu2

The main fault with this argument is why would high skilled players want to play with low skilled players? Should be the other way around.

But pixel is dead, hence this thread, hence the idea of VanillaPickup.

Quoted from lolage

[…]

But pixel is dead, hence this thread, hence the idea of VanillaPickup.

A new pickup is a fine idea, but vanilla pickup isn’t feasible to man; if you want something done, do it.

This community is full of ideas but actual work is sparse, either revive a perfectly working service or code the new bot yourself, noone is going to do it for you.

Squirry

nNT ≠

We could rename it, and try to make a association with VTV, to keep it correctly supported, promotioned, etc.
Plus, getting new admins really willing to help, and getting more promotion (just promotioning in a steam group, we could get something working :) )

Quoted from Squirry

We could rename it, and try to make a association with VTV, to keep it correctly supported, promotioned, etc.
Plus, getting new admins really willing to help, and getting more promotion (just promotioning in a steam group, we could get something working :) )

Who is we? Who’s making the bot? Who’s doing the work? What are you going to give up to get what you want?

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Who is we? Who’s making the bot? Who’s doing the work? What are you going to give up to get what you want?

Trading Genuine Chaplain. LF: People to make pixel a better place.

GeaR

Epsilon

Quoted from kaidus

There was one team at i46 capable of beating the yanks, and they practised 3 times in 2 months.

True. I want to go more into this one.

We won so many competitions, it has been always close though and for my part it felt somehow boring but I still wanted to play because we won. Outside of pcws and officials I didn’t play tf2 at all in the last 4 months. But why should I? We still kept winning.

And then we won again in the showmatch versus LG with ping disadvantage. Why should we train? At LAN we’ll even win higher!
Unfortunately lately there was no team around in Europe that forced us to train.

What I want to say is that there were no signs or reasons to train for this event and a few of us went into holidays the weeks before i46, that’s why we only played 3 days.
It’s really a shame.

And then there are the Americans. Two equally skilled teams training super hard and analysing our tactics and rollouts. With such a professional and serious attitude and the given chance to come over to Europe to prove who’s the best, the outcome of this lan is no more a surprise to me in the end. Getting 5-0ed on gullywash and badlands seems just fair.

This may sound now like a poor excuses, but this is my honest opinion and reasons for what had happened at i46.

And you can’t deny, the American way of playing the game is better after all. More aggression (probably a result of unlocks, at least for soldiers) seems to work out pretty well.

If the two scenes ever meet again, dear top euro tf2, please make sure by telling each other that training and preparation is needed to win!

Srrrryyyy, hope you understand.

Trane

Fair play GeaR.

Keelk

A4

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

doubt he said that, and if he did then that doesn’t make sense

He didn’t say it was because of the unlocks, he said it was because of the EU being one-dimensional

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMYMwDZhPs

57:15

3tf7

Quoted from GeaR

And then we won again in the showmatch versus LG with ping disadvantage. Why should we train? At LAN we’ll even win higher!

If you had done even the slightest bit of homework about LG, you would have known that they perform much stronger at lan then they do online.

GeaR

Epsilon

Quoted from 3tf7

[…]

If you had done even the slightest bit of homework about LG, you would have known that they perform much stronger at lan then they do online.

To be honest I never watched a single American game nor did I care for any American tf2 at all. After this lan I know some nicknames of the American players :D
But you’re right.

Squirry

nNT ≠

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

THe idea was keeping the pixelpickup bot alive, and get some promotion in the Steam community, so…

Who is we? The community of tf2 willing to help.
Who’s making the bot? The amazing people who already did it
Who’s doing the work? People who want to colaborate.
What are you going to give up to get what you want? I already proposed only promotioning pixelpickup more, not only in the friendlist. But I already spammed my friendlist every time that I needed anyone in the pickup.

Quoted from Squirry

[…]

THe idea was keeping the pixelpickup bot alive, and get some promotion in the Steam community, so…

Who is we? The community of tf2 willing to help.
Who’s making the bot? The amazing people who already did it
Who’s doing the work? People who want to colaborate.
What are you going to give up to get what you want? I already proposed only promotioning pixelpickup more, not only in the friendlist. But I already spammed my friendlist every time that I needed anyone in the pickup.

The only person you control is yourself. Start doing it now and lead by example; my point is people think they can get what they want with minimal effort. Do it, start doing it now, work hard and maybe you’ll achieve something. If it fails you only have yourself to blame

Last edited by Chaplain,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Question. If the top team in EU doesn’t PCW, who are the teams below them meant to be training against to improve and therefore provide better competition?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »