Forum

The question has been answered

Created 25th August 2012 @ 18:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »

Enef

fest
#wubafan

i think the final proved that one of the problems with EU is the rule set, difference of five even caused the most aggressive of american teams to turtle at points.

Waebi

‹Con›

IMAGINE
A FUNNY TWIST TO THE STORY
WHERE THE ‘MERICANS GO BACK
AND SAY THEY WANT VANILLA UNLOCKS/EU RULES

they wont ))

Last edited by Waebi,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Euros would have won if they had banned the Crossbow.

Orchid

|=3

imo the eu scene gamers have always been more passive then the US or even the Asian players, be it tf2, lol or any other game.

trams

-><-

Quoted from lolage

I really hope this gives something for the EU scene to work for, then maybe at i49 we’ll do it all over again.

Dont you get it? NA has proven their point, there will be no i49, now its up to EU to send a team to a lan in NA to retrieve our “honour”.

Dr Icecream

I’m loving all the butthurt reactions AND the reactions that show how badly in denial the majority of the EU scene is.

I predicted this would happen, when watching the showcase matches already. But already then, I was presented with some excuses already.

The EU scene should really step up their game, I know there’s a certain number of EU players that have entered NA teams already, but it’d help more if the established EU teams (lol) would play against more NA teams, to get the hang of how the game is supposed to be played, instead of acting like a bunch of lazy, inactive twats when holding a certain chokepoint.

Also, l2play with unlocks, I don’t see any of the NA teams having problems with it.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from trams

[…]

Dont you get it? NA has proven their point, there will be no i49, now its up to EU to send a team to a lan in NA to retrieve our “honour”.

NA has no community lan to go to.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from trams

[…]

Please stop talking shit you don’t know anything about. I heard that LG wanted to come again so…

screwb

Quoted from Dr Icecream

Also, l2play with unlocks, I don’t see any of the NA teams having problems with it.

If anything this lan proved unlocks have no effect on gameplay. The only thing unlocks do is cause headaches when someone cant connect to the damn server. We should change the rules though.

30 minutes first to 5 sounds good to me.

Dr Icecream

Quoted from screwb

[…]If anything this lan proved unlocks have no effect on gameplay. The only thing unlocks do is cause headaches when someone cant connect to the damn server. We should change the rules though.

I know it doesn’t, but it might be good to get more people into comp TF2 again, which is part of keeping the comp TF2 scene populated as well.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

And I want gun bootcamp bombs!

Quoted from screwb

[…]If anything this lan proved unlocks have no effect on gameplay. The only thing unlocks do is cause headaches when someone cant connect to the damn server. We should change the rules though.

Wouldn’t say it showed they have no effect on gameplay, it does show that the “unlocks speed up the game” argument is bullshit. People’s attitudes speeds it up. :)

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I argued that it was attitude not unlocks in the thread that was created a few months back but was shot down by a few players, the rule set also affects the way people play but mostly its that our top teams have no desire to risk losing when its a difference of 5. Even the Americans when playing a difference of 5, 30 minute game, were turtling like bosses because they didn’t want to risk losing the round.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from screwb

God, when will people realize that it’s not the winlimit/windifference being the core reason for slow-paced games, but the clock?

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

NA rules for S13 minus unlocks? What do you consider the cons of how the Americans play are i.e. 2 halves per map? It would also go towards standardising the rules a wee bit, or at least try to and see how things play out.

Quoted from Hildreth

Euros would have won if they had banned the Crossbow.

Some people on NATF2 actually took this post seriously.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »