Forum

Any non-laggy MGE servers?

Created 4th July 2012 @ 22:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from Monkeh

Cheers animal, sounds like that should be easy to fix…

i guess he means the servers need to be restarted more frequently?

Monkeh

or we could just change map once an hour or something…

The guys who look after our servers will get it sorted hopefully, and we’ll have them running like a silken sheath over a teenage virgins inner thighs.

AnimaL

1hr might be unnecessary, once every few hrs is ok

frymaster

ohai, I’m Willow’s semi-trained server monkey’s semi-trained server monkey, I’ve stuck a 6-hour map limit on… so it should get kicked at 4am, 10am, 4pm and 10pm

We do normally get folk on in the evenings for hours at a time, and haven’t had any other complaints (actually, we haven’t had any :P ), which is weird, but certainly our idle server needs a map change every 12 hours or so…

Quoted from Willow

Sorry to hear that our MGE servers are widely regarded as horrible and laggy.

I’ve dispatched some of our semi-trained server monkeys to investigate the general lagginess and horribleness of our MGE servers. Will try and update you when I hear anything useful back!

EDIT: Apparently my semi-trained server monkey is faster than me… :(

Monkeh

Any further problems do please let us know in irc or our forums or here or somewhere, then we can fix things and make life better for everyone.

Enjoy.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I mentioned it to humbug about 2 weeks ago and he said he’d look into it.

It’s not a server restart that needs to happen its just a map change, the jump crouch bug gets annoying too, so a map restart every 60+ minutes would be better imo.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Some IPs for Koetjiesjiokeotkitje

PyRo|Gen – 213.246.52.103:27016
TnT – 77.111.198.131:29017
GFM – 188.165.250.21:27017

IDK seems to be down atm but I’ll post the IP once it gets back up.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

NE seems to be ok now, hurray for restarts

humbug

still okay?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Koeitje

NE seems to be ok now, hurray for restarts

This Nervous Energy server is absolute dogshit again: 81.19.221.204:27019

Krame

Aero

Anything but Lethal-Zone aka laggiest

Monkeh

I’ve restarted it and let the guys who know about stuff know about stuff.

severus

burn

Quoted from Krame

Anything but Lethal-Zone aka laggiest

Indeed. And the sad thing is that the LZ server usually is the one that has players on it when all the other ones are empty (morning and night). Why can’t they play on the good ones like toaster and GFM?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

There seems to be a strong positive correlation between the emptiness of the mge server and how well it functions, is that actually a cause or just coincidental?

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Quoted from Sideshow

There seems to be a strong positive correlation between the emptiness of the mge server and how well it functions, is that actually a cause or just coincidental?

nah, the GFM one runs fine even when it’s full

annoyingly, the Lethal Zone one tends to have better players on it, so if you want a decent game then you have to endure the lag

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »