Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9

alfa

thanks ads

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

Motherfuckers can’t see the wood for the trees?!

You speak of decline and point to unlocks because NA has them and we don’t. I’ll tell you what else NA has that we don’t; a motherfucking professional organisation supporting them – ESEA.

We have the ETF2-fucking-L twiddling their dicks for the past X years, keeping things ticking over with headsets and mice but no progress what so ever to speak of. ESEA are hosting LAN finals 3 times a year with a dedicated news source in ESEANews, brilliant features such automatic stats and demo uploads and a rule set that doesn’t promote turtling (sup timelimit 30).

We had a chance to support a serious organisation ESL, but we all fucking cried our eyes about the Wire client without really trying to help iron out teething problems. Well guess what? ESEA has a shitty client too, and they fucking pay for the privilege to use it!

Add to that a well run, motivated and professional casting outlet in eXtelevision and a thriving community of streamers and I have to strain to see exactly what the fuck an Escape Plan is going to do to turn the tides of EU TF2s perceived decline.

Jesus fucking Christ lads, wake up and smell the coffee.

I have no beef with ETF2L or their admins who spend countless hours making shit happen for no money, but I am just trying to give some motherfucking perspective to this “debate”.

So is anything going to come of this nice little rant or…

We going to do what we always do?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

So is anything going to come of this nice little rant or…

We going to do what we always do?

It’s a step to changing the mindsets of people regarding the current situation of ETF2L. If you think anything can be changed just by taking a sudden, urgent action of some sort. without any actual long-term consequences, then let me tell you we’re just going to end up doing what we always do several weeks later.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
It’s a step to changing the mindsets of people regarding the current situation of ETF2L. If you think anything can be changed just by taking a sudden, urgent action of some sort. without any actual long-term consequences, then let me tell you we’re just going to end up doing what we always do several weeks later.

But fucking something, anything. A plan of action, cos otherwise it will be forgotten in days. Can we talk about this? Can we get the message out? Just, something.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

But fucking something, anything. A plan of action, cos otherwise it will be forgotten in days. Can we talk about this? Can we get the message out? Just, something.

Mind you, I exactly told you that you are trying to bash a wall with your head. Whatever you do without convincing a great part of the community that it’s worth it/required is going to be forgotten in days. See newbie mixes, how much praise they got in the beginning and how long it takes to get anyone to host/play in one nowadays.

Spike Himself

TC

Nice post admirable, luckily you do also point out that etf2l has no money, after stating how they dont spend enough money :)

They had a donation button on the website a while ago. It was removed because nobody used it anyway.

Anyway, as pointed out, nothing is going to change until someone steps up to actually change something.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

kaidus

WiK?

I heard a rumour etf2l are owed a four figure sum from advertising.

Confirm/deny.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

Motherfuckers can’t see the wood for the trees?!

You speak of decline and point to unlocks because NA has them and we don’t. I’ll tell you what else NA has that we don’t; a motherfucking professional organisation supporting them – ESEA.

We have the ETF2-fucking-L twiddling their dicks for the past X years, keeping things ticking over with headsets and mice but no progress what so ever to speak of. ESEA are hosting LAN finals 3 times a year with a dedicated news source in ESEANews, brilliant features such automatic stats and demo uploads and a rule set that doesn’t promote turtling (sup timelimit 30).

We had a chance to support a serious organisation ESL, but we all fucking cried our eyes about the Wire client without really trying to help iron out teething problems. Well guess what? ESEA has a shitty client too, and they fucking pay for the privilege to use it!

Add to that a well run, motivated and professional casting outlet in eXtelevision and a thriving community of streamers and I have to strain to see exactly what the fuck an Escape Plan is going to do to turn the tides of EU TF2s perceived decline.

Jesus fucking Christ lads, wake up and smell the coffee.

I have no beef with ETF2L or their admins who spend countless hours making shit happen for no money, but I am just trying to give some motherfucking perspective to this “debate”.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Spike Himself

Nice post admirable, luckily you do also point out that etf2l has no money, after stating how they dont spend enough money :)

They had a donation button on the website a while ago. It was removed because nobody used it anyway.

Anyway, as pointed out, nothing is going to change until someone steps up to actually change something.

iirc i read somewhere that the “old” donation button led to some inactive guys paypal / Current Head Admins w/e couldnt access it?

Setlet

ESEA has a anti cheat client?

There is no way it can be as bad as ESL’s Wire. If it is, then I can’t understand how Americans can play TF2 happily.

AnimaL

Quoted from Setlet

ESEA has a anti cheat client?

There is no way it can be as bad as ESL’s Wire. If it is, then I can’t understand how Americans can play TF2 happily.

the esea format in general is much worse, heck you can get insta defaulted if someone cant join server on time bcs he has steam problems… but a) there is no alternative and b) na dont cry like eu in general

Last edited by AnimaL,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from slate

[…]

iirc i read somewhere that the “old” donation button led to some inactive guys paypal / Current Head Admins w/e couldnt access it?

True that. I tried donating something some time ago, and that didnt work.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9