Forum

The Pyromania Update [25/6/2012]

Created 25th June 2012 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 Next »

Yuki

I have talked to a few European players in the past regarding the Equalizer, and their gripe with it (9/10 cases) was the bonus damage that the equalizer had. With that “technically” being removed, and the movement speed being placed on a different item entirely – it begs the question whether you guys will actually allow it in the future or not.

Would really like to see some discussion for this now – not some typical “hurr blanket ban because it’s a yankee unlock lol n00bz only use it xD”.

I’ll start:

Some Positives: – Allows for faster, and also sometimes “clutch” escapes
– Allows for “easier” rollouts (one equalizes on rollout, other does the rocketjumps)

Negatives?: – Needs you to be on low hp to be effective. One way or another, you’re most probably going to die if you get hit by a light wind.
– Doesn’t have the “old damage” of the equalizer: To me this isn’t necessarily a downside. The old damage WAS too strong, as a lot of roaming soldiers in the AU/US scene would double rj, shoot a rocket or two then whip out their equalizer for a quick, annoying kill. I have no idea how much damage this new melee weapon actually does base, so maybe that maybe up for discussion (Once again, to reiterate: the damage isn’t what made the equalizer useful).

-Can’t be healed while equipped: not necessarily a downside either, because the speed buff allows for clutch escapes anyway – for you to boost along to a medkit or out of the fight.

Last edited by Yuki,

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Beater

Can we please allow the escape plan now? pleeease? It makes the game so much more fun .

Dont start this again :| pls no more cinnamon unlocks :|

EDIT : ALLOWQFALLOWQFALLOWQF

Last edited by Turbo,

atmo

medlocks need to be updated to include quickfix and overdose

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from alfa

my pyro update experience

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/596974612717617740/B3882D6BADD6DD5F1E45A14C7C33E3D6166E1658/

copy and then delete your autoexec.cfg . Chris’s fps dosnt seem to be Pyroland friendly.

bean

isaninja

Amazing

Last edited by bean,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Yuki

Some Positives: – Allows for faster, and also sometimes “clutch” escapes
– Allows for “easier” rollouts (one equalizes on rollout, other does the rocketjumps)

Not sure how you can suggest these points are positives? These are exactly why, imo, equaliser should stay banned. This is competitive gaming, why make it easier? We should be celebrating ‘difficult’ roll-outs, not actively closing the gap between ‘high’ and low skill and the same applies to escapes, if you end up in a stupid position you should be punished, not whip out a magic ‘axe of speed’, like something from skyrim, and get away…

Last edited by Monkeh,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The problem people(note:not me) had with equaliser was that it “lowered” the skill ceiling by making rollouts too easy and soldiers able to get away in situations they would normally have died. Splitting it into two doesn’t fix that issue.

That being said, i say allow it, i don’t care anymore, i just want to have fun playing this game to a decent level and not playing like a pussy, so allow whatever you want, don’t allow whatever you want, just stop being fucking plebs and arguing about it constantly.

Also anyone claiming that the “na scene is fucked” obviously hasn’t watched any top level NA play, rarely do their soldiers escape because they used the equaliser to get out of a dumb situation and they don’t rely on the EQ for rollouts, they’ll do the same thing WE did when WE banned it and half our current generation of soldiers didn’t even know how to rollout, they’ll ADAPT.

Last edited by Enef,

Brov

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Not sure how you can suggest these points are positives? These are exactly why, imo, equaliser should stay banned. This is competitive gaming, why make it easier? We should be celebrating ‘difficult’ roll-outs, not actively closing the gap between ‘high’ and low skill and the same applies to escapes, if you end up in a stupid position you should be punished, not whip out a magic ‘axe of speed’, like something from skyrim, and get away…

yes

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Guys the quick fix is amazing you can fucking rollout as a medic :D

If they allowed it it would make playing medic so much more fun xD

Enef

fest
#wubafan

they broke spire

http://steamcommunity.com/id/enef/screenshot/558694015882777723?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/enef/screenshot/558694015882780552/?tab=public

anti2

Gloves of Running Urgently
Removed self-damage over time penalty
Heavy takes mini-crits while active and for 3 seconds after switching away

i don’t wanna live on this planet anymore

choiie

keso

I really hope pyrovision gets allowed, definitely looks way better from a competitive view than the previous visual style.

Mark

Phase

People are actually implying that soldier rollouts are difficult.

Seriously though, think about it, gunboats and equalizer do actually allow for more creative and (yes) more difficult rollouts. Think about the varities that players like Dave_AC and Banny use, compared to what we do. We end up doing the exact same rollouts (the only variety being the door that you enter mid through) every time.

edit: not sure why I used Banny there, just had a video of his on the mind..

Last edited by Mark,

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Coleman

[…]

copy and then delete your autoexec.cfg . Chris’s fps dosnt seem to be Pyroland friendly.

That’s weird, I’ve got Chris’ fps config and everything’s alright for me.

Vaskie

BulletClub

I got the Chris Max Quality config and everything seems to be running perfect.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 Next »