Forum

The Pyromania Update [25/6/2012]

Created 25th June 2012 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

I think to a certain extent, as an admin, your opinion represents that of the admin panel at all times, and you should refrain from stating dangerous opinions, not because of how the etf2l admin team works, but because of how you are recieved and expected to act; the text in your posts will be quoted and used as a direct response from the admin panel by members unless explicitly stated in the post or otherwise, and while you have a stint as an admin, your opinion is exactly just for those #admin channel discussions, and after a consensus has been reached, the public reflection of every post you make should appear to mirror that of the decision reached by etf2l as a whole.

If none of what I said is the case, then I think the admins need to question the legitimacy of their code of conduct, as an organisation that openly allows dissent towards popular decisions, shoulder-shrugging (“I never wanted it anyway”) and confusion towards league members as an admin team is an abomination.

Thanks Bill.

I wholefully agree, if only ETF2L were a professional business where employees get paid, rather than just being people that also play the game and simply enjoy helping out the community on a voluntary basis.

That said, there definitely is some truth in what you say, and the admin team does need to act somewhat professionally (and, trust me if you will, they do), but let’s get back down to earth and realise, as I pointed out, the team consists of volunteers and they are prefectly well allowed to have their own opinion (to an extent). Again; they aren’t just admins – they are also gamers like you and I.

shoulder-shrugging (“I never wanted it anyway”)

Not sure where this comes from.. To take a random example: Not too long ago the forums were pretty much only covered with threads about whether or not the Original should remain banned. Personally I was against allowing it, and I, as a player, posted my opinion on the forums (“I think ..”, not “we think ..”). Mini shitstorm ensued etc etc.
Meanwhile in the admin forums I did what I could to explain my position and argue against the Original being allowed. The final verdict was for it to be allowed, and while I didn’t agree, I did accept it and never held a grudge against the league or anyone else for it.

(Ok, that sounded like I’m trying to get a medal or something.. but really I’m only trying to make a point :D)

There is a large part of the community that seemingly perceives the admin team as a bunch of “clueless people”. For as far as I’m aware, during my time as admin, I have always tried to word my posts in an attempt to lessen this perception – I have always defended the admin team when someone would post a misinformed opinion anywhere, partially because they are volunteers. However I have never completely stopped to speak my opinion when I had one and felt like sharing it (though admittedly I have, deliberately, posted a lot less during that time), and I think it’s moderately ridiculous that this is demanded of a team of volunteers.

A few days after my resignation I had this glorious feeling of “fuck yeah, I can speak again!”. Which is sad.

p.s. we’re terribly off-topic here :D
p.p.s. bonus points if you spot the (unintentional :D) hitchhiker’s reference

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

The cow mangler’s alt-fire no longer disables buildings. This is an outrage!

Last edited by Beater,

mrwhizz

My mumble overlay broke after the update, anyone know a fix?

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Pyrovision won’t work for me, no matter what I try. I removed maxframes and set tf2 back to DirectX 9 but that did literally nothing. I removed my custom textures (which shouldnt matter since pyrovision wont work on sv_pure 2 servers either, but whatever.), I verified game cache and reinstalled the game but still, no pyrovision on any maps when I equip the goggles.
Anyone know what might be causing this?

Mark

Phase

Quoted from cmd

Pyrovision won’t work for me, no matter what I try. I removed maxframes and set tf2 back to DirectX 9 but that did literally nothing. I removed my custom textures (which shouldnt matter since pyrovision wont work on sv_pure 2 servers either, but whatever.), I verified game cache and reinstalled the game but still, no pyrovision on any maps when I equip the goggles.
Anyone know what might be causing this?

It only works on some maps…

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from Mark

[…]

It only works on some maps…

I obviously tried the pyrovision supported maps.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from mrwhizz

Every overlay (including mumble, fraps and others) all fail. No idea what Valve did but it has to do with how DirectX is hooked, more.

AnimaL

Quoted from mrwhizz

-nod3d9ex

Thomas the train

Back onto the whole unlock vs no unlock debate and such.

I’m by no means a master of tf2 or tf2 comp, so this is just my own opinion and stuff and may be regarded as an idiot’s chicken scratch.

For the past few days me and my team(also a pugscrim group) have been scriming full vanilla, vs the standard US ESEA white list. And honestly our dynamics as a team didn’t change a ton, i personally roamed most of it(some demo play.) but i could still play out just as far, i could dive bomb and around and play away from the medic for a majority of the match. the only thing was i had to play way way more aggressive, then i would if i was playing with gunboats. To compensate for it all i had to dive bomb in a lot quicker, before they could recover or react, and i had to fully commit. I found my self on attack a lot more to make up for the fact that i couldn’t easily do 2 rj’s and be anywhere i needed to be while only losing 40hp. And it worked out fine, so i have to ask do unlocks change THAT much of it?

And as demo the only difference i really really noticed was the pain train on snakewater. in the US it is a somewhat common thing to see a 4 man suicide push into last, and on the defence you need to push out EXTREMELY quick to deny spawns, or to pop their uber quickly and ether out DM them, or retreat at even uber %’s. But with the pain train you can have a scout off class engi, or heavy and you won’t really lose out on cap time, because 2 quick sticky jumps can put you on the point and you are effectively x4’ing(hahaha not a verb) the cap times, while still having your most powerful class on the front lines, and having a strong defensive class at last(in fear of spy caps and such.) But aside from that i never really tried to rush spire for a 2x, or do a sneak back cap, because demo is generally needed in the “fray”.

EDIT: if you guys do go for a white list, you should try to universalize it all, within the community for spectators, and for ease in general. I’m sure that the US, and AUS, maybe even AF(asia fortress) would be willing to plan out a white list. I mean the only hot topic items between the leagues would probably be degreaser, and equalizer.

Last edited by Thomas the train,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

can you enable pyrovision while watching old demos?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from BoneS

can you enable pyrovision while watching old demos?

Not for POV demo’s.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

STV’s?

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from BoneS

STV’s?

Just tested with an old granary STV demo, didn’t work.

alfa

i dont get why you argue about the equalizer, you don’t even use that shit

luzik

Suoli
moog

http://youtu.be/IJQgILWrzwk

This is what we got from this update. Awesomeness.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 Next »