Forum

The Pyromania Update [25/6/2012]

Created 25th June 2012 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »

Ace

Quoted from Kaneco

Love the xbow buff, makes it much more viable and fun for comp play.

Hasn’t it always been? I’d say it’s almost op now.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Ace

[…]

Yeah I really wish they hadn’t buffed it because now I think it should probably be banned…

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

i love this new rocket launcher. super rocket jump misfire wooooooo!

byte

Quoted from Sideshow

Any talk about unbanning the equalizer is monotonous bullshit that we’ve been through time and time again, same with the quick fix. The quick fix now is even less viable than it was before for comp play, and the equalizer is still OP for rewarding bad play whichever way you slice it.

The only debate that is reasonable to be having at this point is about the crossbow buff. I feel that with this buff, the crossbow has now become too powerful for use in 6v6, and it’s a real shame because I loved it being used. The ridiculously fast loading time has made the medic able to deal out silly amounts of damage/healing. Thoughts?

Damage done is fine, is the same that a whole clip of needles would do (approx) however the amount of heals it gives needs tweaking now yes I agree it’s not horrific though because u still need to be able to aim very well and do it multiple times etc while supposedly healing etc…

So it’s not drastic but yeah….

Cheers

Byte

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Starting to think that I’m being deliberately baited by Yuki…you can’t seriously think like that…it…can’t….be…possible.

First you say equalizer is great because you can get away luckily..then you say it doesn’t reward bad play. If you need a lucky escape you’ve positioned yourself badly…this is bad play.

The only people that watch TF2 are the people who play it. Most others just feel it’s, ‘lol cartoon noob game’. I want to have fun playing it, being dribbled on by a solly moving at scout speed isn’t fun.

We played with unlocks when they were released in EU for 3 seasons I think, then most realised they made the game more about ‘luck’ and less about skill so we, as a community, decided to make skill the most important factor again, less jars of piss, more strategy, teamwork and thinking. What makes you think what happened in Australia, all be it a mirror image of EU, should influence our thinking now?

When etf2l continued with using unlocks and a rival league decided to ban them EVERY one of the top teams boycotted etf2l and played in the other league. It was a horrible time. I don’t fancy returning to that situation.

Every single person playing 6v6 TF2 competitively in Europe has accepted a vanilla ruleset and we still had 360 teams sign up for this season just gone, (any admin feel free to correct that and make it accurate), I see absolutely no reason to change, ( I don’t buy the whole, more exciting to play malarky…mebbe to watch, but I think I mentioned my stance there already), and many reasons to keep it as is.

We’ve had this debate many times over the years…many, many, many, many times. We’ve split the scene up over it, we’ve got back together. Let’s just leave it as the popular game it is and move forward.

envy

Yes, needed loads of experience, great gamesense and 2500 MGE points to do vanilla rollouts, rofl.

Kaneco

Quoted from Ace

[…]

Personally I still used needles, felt they were much more reliable on the long term, and the xbow damage per second (dps) was much lower and required some specific training and aim.

Now I feel more confident with the bow, I think it’s pretty good as it is. The dps is still slightly lower than the needles if you hit everything, but it’s much more competent in allowing you to defend yourself in though times.

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Yeah I really wish they hadn’t buffed it because now I think it should probably be banned…

damn you people, all hating fun and stuff, weren’t we all supposed to be happy firing rainbows and “lolipopping” stuff?

Link!

unlocks change the balance of the game, ban it all

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

^
so does the demoman

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from smziii

^
so does the demoman

ban demoman

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

BAN XBOW

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Monkeh

Every single person playing 6v6 TF2 competitively in Europe has accepted a vanilla ruleset and we still had 360 teams sign up for this season just gone, (any admin feel free to correct that and make it accurate)

Season 10! 360 21.67% drops
Season 11 304 21.59% drops
Season 12 powered by Tt eSPORTS 288 20.49% drops

Numbers are decreasing over time, drop rate is a tick lower this season though.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

Interesting, thanks for posting this.

Kaneco

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

hmm that’s strange , I thought It would be still increasing, after all, after the f2p and everything the comp scene only has to gain from that.

Seems a bit “counter current”, I think the NA scene has been increasing exponentially over the last months/year, something needs to be done definitly

Ghostface

spire

Maybe open our eyes?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »