Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 73 Next »

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

People from http://opensteamworks.org/ for example that analyzed the steam login protocol to make other steam clients like a linux steam client. You can also open your steamclient.dll in IDA and you’ll find that it calls a function inside the login one that does a lot of Windows WMI calls on various PC components.

None of this is documented by valve in any way?

AnAkkk

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

None of this is documented by valve in any way?

AFAIK, no. They never said anything when they added that, they did it silently and some people found out.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Chaplain

Too many false positives to actually be useful

In all fairness I’d rather see half the playerbase go reported as false positive while catching 3 cheaters than not doing anything at all.

If I come across someone only somewhat suspicious in pcw’s or lobbies or wherever, I always report them. It’s better to have 25 false positives than 1 unreported and undetected cheater.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

To the 3 people I quoted, go read up on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_%28computer_science%29

Quoted from Chaplain

Too many false positives to actually be useful

Did you read my post? 2/200 -> 2/10 (80% false positive rate) is a massive improvement.

Quoted from herpderp

[…]
Or increased, depending on the amout of false positives that need checking vs current reports of cheating + random demo checks.

1. Drop random demo checks, they’re a waste of time.
2. Depends on the quality of the heuristic, as you can tell by the people AnAkIn listed, it does its job pretty well.
3. ‘Reports’ only help against the blatant cheaters, don’t need an AC license for those…

Quoted from smziii

[…]
if i make a coinflip decision about every player it also has a “potential” chance of detecting a cheater;)

but nevermind keep up the work with your plugin cuz i think we really need a relyable plugin

Using a coin flip as the heuristic is perfectly valid, except the quality of that heuristic is abysmal.
Again, it’s a heuristic, don’t rely on it all the time.

Last edited by Casual,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Casual

1. Drop random demo checks, they’re a waste of time.
2. Depends on the quality of the heuristic, as you can tell by the people AnAkIn listed, it does its job pretty well.
3. ‘Reports’ only help against the blatant cheaters, don’t need an AC license for those…

We have to believe your (and AnakIn’s) word on the quality of the heuristic (not stating your claims are wrong, merely pointing out that it isn’t independently verifiable).

I disagree that reports only help against blatant people, obviously though some people are better at spotting cheats than others so a significant portion of the reports also have a chance of being false positives.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I understand that perhaps some older faulty mice can give some false positive results, but can your Nan playing Farmville also cause such results?

Spike Himself

TC

I run the TC dedi which hosts 9 TF2 servers. Is it possible for all 9 plugins to write to one and the same log file? Maybe using a config option, or a customised version of the plugin? :>
Bonus points if it could also log which server the report came from (hostname or port should be enough) :D

Last edited by Spike Himself,

luzik

Suoli
moog

Awesome stuff.

I don’t though get how old mice cause false positives. Can somebody explain that to me please?

wrex

hm, sounds cool

AnAkkk

Quoted from Spike Himself

I run the TC dedi which hosts 9 TF2 servers. Is it possible for all 9 plugins to write to one and the same log file? Maybe using a config option, or a customised version of the plugin? :>
Bonus points if it could also log which server the report came from (hostname or port should be enough) :D

I don’t really like the idea of making different versions of the plugins, it means I’d have to update multiples versions every time I want to make an update.

I don’t really think that writing to the same logfile from different servers is a good idea though. What if two servers are trying to write at the same time (even if it may be rare)?

An external script that takes the data from all the logs like every hour and add it into one should solve the issue though?

droso

o/

Quoted from luzik

Awesome stuff.

I don’t though get how old mice cause false positives. Can somebody explain that to me please?

My Roccat Kone mouse 1 button was broken and it would send multiple clicks each time I pushed it.
Hence, I got detected a few times by the plugin aswell.

At least, that’s what I understood from my talk with Anakin.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from luzik

Awesome stuff.

One of the characteristics of the heuristic. Explaining it further only helps nailing down the idea for people who have a clue about what might be going on.

Orchid

|=3

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_gifs/3568812/How+to+play+scout/

BZAD

+1

kaidus

WiK?

zzzZzzZZzZzz

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 73 Next »